Potato Salad is a favorite in my house and family. And with grilling season at hand, it’s the perfect time for it!
We’ve come to many friendly family debates as to which type of potato salad is the best. My sister (and her German heritage) swears that German Potato Salad is best. Don’t get me wrong, I do love it but I’m not sure that it’s my favorite.
My husband creates his own, which is amazing. I would like to tell you about it, or share with you, but he refuses to share or measure out his recipes. It’s a point of contention.
I like a few different Potato Salad recipes, and I’m sharing with you my favorite, which is a combination of a few different recipes with my own spin. As for my family, they can share on their own websites. Bahaha.
Regardless how you like your potato salad, I think we can all agree on at least two things:
- Potato Salad is the perfect summer accompaniment to just about anything.
- Potato salad is always better on the second day when the flavors have set into each and every bite!
Of course, sharing this recipe makes me want to make it again. I just fixed it last week but….
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $27.90Was: $39.99
Perfect Summer Potato Salad
- 2 1/2 lbs New Potatoes (the small ones with multiple colors)
- 6 Slices Cooked Bacon, crumbled
- 6 Eggs, hard boiled
- 1/2 c chopped red onion
- 1/3 c chopped celery
- 3 Tbsp Zuchinni Relish
- 1 c mayo
- 1/4 c mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Boil potatoes until soft, rinse with cold water and let cool, then quarter them and place in large bowl.
- Crumble hard boiled eggs (or chop them) and add to potatoes along with bacon, onion, celery, and relish.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayo, mustard and parsley. Mix.
- Add sauce to potato mixture, stir well.
- Adjust sauce to taste and add whatever you feel is missing or adjust if you feel one flavor is dominating too much. 😀 I pour in juice from the zucchini relish for extra moisture!