As you may have seen, I’ve began playing with essential oils some. I’m definitely enjoying all that I’ve learned! If you haven’t seen, I have posted 36 Uses for Lavender Oil and 21 Uses for Sandalwood Oil. I’ll be adding more and more as I get further into them!
I had the chance to review New York Biology’s Lavender Oil. I really think I like their oil more than the others I’ve tried thus far. The smell seems more clear and strong. It says that it is 100% Pure and Natural. Check them out if you have a sec! Also note, I did receive it for free in exchange for my honest opinion, I won’t sacrifice my integrity for anyone. Ever.
For now, I wanted to spend a little bit of time focusing on HOW
to use oils to treat scars and stretch marks. Between the cesarean scar, pregnancy and weight loss stretch marks, and the many scars I obtained throughout my life, I felt like it would be a worthwhile bit of research. And, of course, I will share more and more as I learn them! For now, I’m posting all the ones I’ve found thus far and will add more if I find them.
I’d love to hear how you use oils for scars and stretch marks!
- Applying and massaging lavender oil directly on scars helps them fade and in time can completely eliminate scars.
- Apparently applying olive oil twice a day helps.
- Mix 1-3 drops with ½ – 1 tsp coconut oil, rub onto scars.
- A combination of Everlasting (Helichrysum) and Sage Will help old scars and slow healing wounds. Apply 3-6 months for old scars or 2x/day for 10 days on recent wounds.
Everlasting 1 ml
Sage 1 ml
Rose Hip seed oil 15 ml (1/2 oz.)
Hazelnut Oil 15 ml (1/2 oz.)
- Simple Cream:
1 tsp rose-hip seed or borage oil
1 tsp lotion
1 drop rose, lavender or neroli
Apply to scar(s) at least twice daily
Simple Daily Scar Moisturizer
5 tsp jojoba, apricot or peach kernel oil
1-2 drops neroli
1-2 drops lavender
Combine Ingredients, apply daily as moisturizer
Scar Tissue Oil
- 1/8 tsp vitamin E oil (or two 250 IU vitamin E capsules)
- 9 tsp sweet almond or sunflower oil
- 1 tsp rosehip seed oil
- 30 drops frankincense essential oil
- 30 drops lavender
- 30 drops myrrh
- 30 drops sandalwood OR cedarwood
- Add ingredients to a 2 oz (60 ml) glass bottle
- Shake to blend
(If using vitamin E capsules simply pierce the capsules with the point of a clean, sharp knife and squeeze into your 2 oz bottle)
- Pour a small amount of your scar tissue oil into the palm of your hand and massage onto scar(s) twice daily.
- Apply as long as needed (results can take upwards of 6 months, but will often be seen earlier)
- Organic raw honey (especially high UMF factor manuka honey) rubbed onto scars twice daily will break up scar tissue and help with healing.
- Take finely ground, powder-like, coffee and mix it with one of the oils mentioned here. Rub into scars for about 60 seconds and wipe off the coffee grounds with a warm moist towel. Do this about twice a day if possible. You should see noticeable results in a few weeks. This remedy is especially good for stretch mark scars
- Mix 1/2 tbsp of lavender oil, 1/2 tbsp of chamomile oil with 2 tbsp of almond oil. These ingredients hydrate your skin; improve elasticity and helps cell regeneration to lighten the stretch marks.