4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp pepper
oil for frying
1 c sliced green onion, white and green parts included
1 16 oz bag frozen broccoli or bunch of fresh broccoli chopped into small pieces
3/4 c chicken broth plus 2 Tbsp
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
Parmesan cheese (opt.)
- Cut chicken into small pieces and season with ginger and black pepper.
- In large frying pan or wok, heat to high temperature. After hot, add oil to pan.
- Add chicken and cook until brown. Move chicken to the side and add broccoli and onion. Cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Mix together 3/4 c chicken broth, salt and sugar. Stir into pan.
- Reduce heat to medium high, cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Add cornstarch to remaining 2 Tbsp chicken broth and stir into pan for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with Parmesan and croutons. Enjoy!