I love Valentine’s day! Spent quite a lot of time working in my Granny’s flower shop growing up. Something about the hustle and insanity in the back of a
flower shop makes me so happy! I have de-thorned more roses than I could ever count and loved every minute of it…. Well, perhaps not every one but lots of them. That’, ladies and gentleman, is one of the
many reasons it’s better to get roses from a good flower shop than from the grocery store. No worries about anyone getting stabbed with those awful thorns! If you happen to live in the River Valley in Arkansas, I promise they are the best florist you will ever find! Be sure and check out Cathy’s Flower’s & Events for all of your floral needs and event planning! They did our wedding and it was absolutely gorgeous!
For those of you who love your Cricut, I thought I’d share this adorable card I made! Who doesn’t love chocolate boxes? I found this one absolutely adorable and totally perfect for a quick Valentine’s card!
I used Paper Doll Dress Up Cricut Cartridge, it’s on the ‘prom boy’ Accessories 2, cut at 3 1/4 inch. I used a sharpie to do the black (had to do 2 layers to get it dark enough) and a gold paint pen purchased at Hobby Lobby. If you are using card stock, it won’t leak through. I would suggest it but if you need/want to use thinner paper, just be sure and put something under it and let it dry before gluing it on.
This is the inside of the card. In order to use a scrap piece of card stock that would have otherwise been useless and made the card open vertically. Added my little ‘poem’ and it’s ready to go! Enjoy!!!
Originally posted 2011-02-09 16:05:00.
Hey guys! So, being an Okie, we love our Sooners! Funny, I love them and care nothing for sports! LOL. Anyway, my dear friends have a son that just loves them so I decided to make him some room decor. I haven’t gotten to see him, but I hear he loved them! I thought I would share the decor with ya!
I used my Cricut
to make the ones above, then took a sharpie and outlined them. I cut them at 6 inches.The great thing about so many team mascots is just how basic they are. It would have been just as easy to do just about any team, simply by making accents. Here are some decor ideas that you might want to try.
- Make Paper footballs, soccer balls, baseballs, etc.
- Collegiate letters, in team colors of course! If you can’t get the logo to look good, use them to spell out a name
- Pendant flags are super easy, then simply use team colors and put Go —–!!! Super easy and fast!
- If you have any worn out ball caps, old jerseys, tees, etc can easily be modified to be a 3D art wall hanging!
- Order information from the universities and use the logos that are in those to make collages, etc or print them off. This is also a really great way to inspire your Monkey to go to college!
- If it’s a sport rather than a certain team you love, life gets way easier! Simply use anything you can get your hands on for that sport, clean it up and make something! Yard sales are a great place to find these!
- Baseballs, basketballs, any sports stuff can be used to line a border or shelf to bring the sports indoors!
Hope this gave you some ideas! I’d love to hear what your inspiration brings you!
What’s your favorite mascot or DIY sports decor idea!?!
Originally posted 2012-03-30 07:34:00.