Often Dad’s can feel left out when little ones (or even older ones) depend so much on Mom. Then there are times when Dad just needs to be reminded he is special. We decided to gather up a few things to make the Dad in our life feel special. We’ve got our Dad Pack ‘ingredients all laid out for you to see, but you could put yours in a gift basket or even in a bucket if you want it to be more masculine! Regardless of how you put it together, it will be sure to make him feel extra special and bring that smile to his face that you love so much!If you are on a budget, don’t worry, this can be done quite cheaply. With the exception of the air filter (which he actually did need) our pack cost less that $10 but that smile was priceless.
Dad Pack Tips
- Make or buy his favorite snack. My hubby loves Nutter Butter Cookies but we rarely buy them. Just make sure it is something a little more special than what you’d keep stocked in your pantry!
- Add in his favorite soda, something he doesn’t have often. We chose to go with the Dad soda theme, so he had his own Dad’s Sodas that no one else could touch… After all, they were DAD’S!!!
- Scour the dollar store, or wherever, to find some inexpensive little thing that your husband would like. My husband loves cooking, so we got him some syrup bottles for his kitchen. His kitchen is done in the design of a pub, so they work for him. 😀 If your husband isn’t into cooking, you can replace this type of item with anything he is into.
- The Air Filter- get one ‘big ticket’ item to toss in. The Dad in our house had just gotten a new used car and wanted to get an air filter, so that’s what he got. Had that not been the case, it probably would have been a new book, video game or something to fit his hobbies.
- This is the big one, the one that will mean the most after all the excitement. Add a notecard reminding him how much he means to you all. If your husband isn’t all mushy, this is your excuse to be a little more mushy than normal and get away with it! Just make sure you make the note emphasize how much you love him and how wonderful he is!
Dad Pack Theme Ideas
Remember to make your Dad pack cater to his hobbies and loves!
- Movie Pack– let the ‘big ticket’ item be a new movie he has been wanting to see, then clear the house so he can watch it in peace! Add in his favorite snacks, maybe pick up a pizza for him (or have one ready to stick in the oven), or his favorite 6 pack. You know what he loves when he is watching movies, just make sure it’s all right there for him! Don’t wanna have to run to the kitchen when the movie is playing!
- Gaming Pack– Snag that game he has been hounding about! Not sure what it is? Clandestinely call his best buddy, or casually bring up the topic a few weeks in advance. Don’t flat out ask, fish around a bit! Mention some game you saw coming out and he will be sure to start talking! Add some snacks and have the gaming area all set up for him when he gets home. He will LOVE the surprise!
- For the Car Lover– If your husband is into cars, there are a multitude of things you can do for a themed pack! Get him a new air freshener, some new car cleaning stuff (you could even make many of those), a new tool or two. Think accessories. Just remember, the more you make the cheaper it will be. Plus, he will love that you put so much work into it!
- Athletic Pack– If your husband has a sport he is passionate about, there are a ton of magazines out there that will fit whatever sport he loves! Again, think accessories. Perhaps a video of his favorite sports highlights along with snacks, a magazine, and his favorite energy drink! You could even go in the direction of energy stuff, new workout gear, etc. This one can get as pricey as you’d like, but you could always do homemade stuff and keep it a little less expensive. 😀
- For the Outdoors Man– Ladies, if you aren’t into whatever outdoor activity your husband is into, fear not. Just go to that section of the store and start looking around. All you are doing is accessorizing! Still not sure, tell the sales person what you are doing and they’ll be able to hook you up! You can always take a gander at his gear and see what kind of stuff he already has to give yourself an idea. You could even go for a magazine of that topic to go along with some snacks and one or two new ‘toys’.
- For the Music Lover– This one can be as expensive as you want it to be or not at all. My husband is perfectly happy to have some time to listen uninterrupted to jazz and relax. This pack can simply be a note for him to sit and enjoy his music, a ‘ticket’ to get him peace without interruption, a cigar and his favorite drink. Or whatever his relaxation pleasures are!
- For the Handyman– Let the ‘big ticket’ item be a new tool, print him off some new patterns (yes, there are patterns for wood working and such!), get him a new magazine, or simply get him a load of snacks and a gift card! If he is anything like some of the handymen I know, a ‘free pass’ to go spend some money at the hardware store is like Christmas!
Whatever you go with just make it around them. If they don’t fit a theme, don’t fret, just get things they love! Having a surprise will make them happy, at the end of the day it isn’t about what is in the pack but rather how it makes them feel!
Originally posted 2014-01-21 09:29:53.
Being super excited to get the Mystery Tackle Box from Catch Co., I was not disappointed! The box is designed with a cool ruler that folds out and tells you about a fabulous contest the company is running and the fish size requirements to enter! It’s not difficult, just an Instagram share and tag a photo of what you caught with the baits from your box!
The insert in the box declares ‘Welcome Aboard’ and gives you plenty, easy to read bits of information about how to reach them, how to add to your next subscription box and even how to earn free credit! Boxes start at $14.99 per month (with discounts if you buy in 3, 6, or 12 month intervals) and you will always get at least $10 more in product than you paid. My particular box came with product valued at $27.22 in a $14.99 box. One can also select the type of fish they fish for in order to get the correct type of bait and add their own selections to the box.
If you aren’t sure what type of box someone might like, you can get them a subscription and print off a certificate. It would be a nice moment to get to know someone a little more and let them talk about fishing if you have to help them walk through the process of redeeming their certificate!
This will most certainly be an awesome gift for anyone who loves fishing! My Dad will be getting one for Father’s Day this year. (How sad that a spoiler on my website won’t spoil it for my Daddy! LOL. Anyone that knows him, keep it zipped!) My Dad works hard and always has, I feel like he deserves to get to relax in ways that work for him. Fishing seems to be one of them!