I love getting favorite recipes from people! Ora’s Gold, by Charlotte Young is a fabulous book and I love that Charlotte was willing to share with us one of her favorite recipes! I hope you enjoy it and curl up with her book, it is one of the best books I’ve read in quite some time!
5 oz soft butter
6 oz sugar, brown or white
6 oz self-raising flour
6 oz flaked almonds
2 small eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
7.7 oz frozen raspberries (other berries can be used too)
A dusting of icing sugar
Oven – 180 degrees C/355 degrees F
1. Grease a 22cm spring-release cake tin (I use butter but whatever takes your fancy).
2. In a large bowl mix (by hand) all the ingredients together, except the raspberries.
3. Spoon half of the mixture onto the base of the cake tin and use a fork spread out evenly.
4. Add the frozen raspberries to the tin and spread out evenly.
5. Using a spoon and your fingers, take blobs of the remaining mixture and dot over the raspberries. You won’t be able to cover the raspberries completely.
6. Place on a baking sheet and bake for approximately 45 minutes, until firm and slightly springy. Cover with foil if the top starts to burn.
7. Leave to rest for up to one hour, depending on your preference. It tastes delicious warm or cool.
8. Dust a light layer of icing sugar over the top, just before serving.