SEO scores and a good Domain Authority are crazy important for websites. They let search engines know that your site should be mentioned first, which of course will drive more traffic to your site. Increasing views, revenue and so on. But how do we get that score up? There is a ton of information out there and it can be overwhelming trying to learn. Since I’m working on building my score, I thought I’d share with you some things that I’ve found. In order to gain domain authority, one has to legitimately build a higher SEO score. How do we do that, well….
- Find terms and phrases, AKA keywords, which generate traffic to your website. This can be challenging and may take some experimentation. Don’t give up!
- Wondering the do’s and don’ts of keyword usage? com suggests the following: use your keyword in the title at least once (preferably at the beginning), once prominently at the top of the page, 2-3 times throughout the body, at least once in the alt attribute of an image on the page, once in the URL, and at least once in the meta description tag. Do not use them in link anchor text!
- Learn what your target blogger opp section, as you want their search terms to bring up the link to your website.
- Make sure all images have ‘alt text’, this will help search engines understand and therefore be able to find them. If there is a video or soundwave, add a transcript to them. Search engines are not good at knowing how to describe pictures, so they often skip over them. How funny that the search engines seem to throw their hands up too? Ha!
- Limit your links. Links on pages that have hundreds or more links are probably not going to rank. Remember that the search engine has to look at all of these links, and they get sick of clicking every one too. It’s best to have fewer, quality links rather than a ton. If you want to do a post with a ton of links, consider making them ‘no index’ so as not to annoy the search bots!
- Eliminate errors on your pages. I will admit I’m sick and tired of going back through my old posts to fix my earlier ignorance, but it must be done. Unfortunately, errors inhibit and prevent search engines from crawling around sites and ranking them. Google’s Search Console can be used to check your site for free.
Of course, if you are having trouble getting it, be sure and embrace blogger outreach! There are a ton of networks out there, which help without charging. Not to mention the fact that a good blogger friend network is a priceless resource! You can also check out my blogger opp section, or get automatic alerts by joining our Blogger Exclusive Newsletter!
The Beginner’s Guide to SEO (found here) has helped me with most of this information and there is far more there for you to discover, I highly recommend heading there to get more of an understanding. In the meantime, this should help you get on your way to a higher SEO score and a better Domain Authority! I’ve included a few additional links that I thought you might be interested in. I’ll be sure to come back and add more.
I’d love to hear your tips and success stories,
please share them with us!
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: Check on Amazon
Originally posted 2018-04-15 09:16:05.