John 3:16 was the first verse I learned as a child, I’m pretty certain that’s true for many of you. It’s certainly an important one, for we all need to know just what it says. It’s so much more to feel it than to know it and it takes awhile to learn how to feel it I think it’s great though because it comes in just the right moments. The question is: how do we teach children that they are loved and to be loved? This great little Bible tract is wonderful to help them know just that.
1. Physical affection is something that children need to learn. Perhaps you read my post about the Benefits of Hugs and we all know that little ones love being hugged and held! A loving touch can go a long way to comfort others especially children
2. Quality time is also an excellent way to teach love, it is not necessary to spend tons of money or go to giant amusement park for good quality time. Some of my best memories are when my mom taught me like how to make her favorite wonderful sloppy joe’s secret recipe that I spilled all across the interweb, haha. When she taught me how to ride horses and the times when we had water pipes in the house, or went camping, or even on spontaneous road trips. Those are where my best memories come from. There’s a free printable gospel plane that you may enjoy.
3. Discipline and consequences are never a fun but they are essential in ensuring that children know that they are loved and cared for. They create a sense of security by teaching that one one thing happens it will cause another thing
4. Sticking to a schedule is also another way to show children love. Routines create comfort and security that help children feel the love that we have for them.
5. Take care of you. I know, sounds kind of funny, but if your cup isn’t full, you simply cannot spill the best over to fill the cups of your little ones.
Today, I encourage you and challenge you to take extra time to teach God’s love and show your own one day our children will equate A Parent’s Love with God’s love. They will learn that God is our Father, just like we are their parents, Aunts, Uncles, grandparents and role models. God’s love is unconditional Just Like A Parent’s Love is supposed to be. God is our father that will always be there, who will comfort us, speak words of wisdom in our ear, stand by our side when we are afraid, when we are hurting, and when we are victorious.
Let the little children come how many tools to help us teach our little ones or Sunday School classes or youth group or whatever the many lessons that God has for us, the greatest blessing from God that we can teach and receive is love.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $10.28Was: $16.99
Price: $12.23Was: $15.99
Price: $8.84Was: $16.99