Raspberry Almond Delight is brought to you special from the table of Author Charlotte Young. Not only is it one of her favorites, it is absolutely perfect to pair with her book, Ora’s Gold! You’ll love them both!
I love getting favorite recipes from people! Ora’s Gold, by Charlotte Young is a fabulous book and I love that Charlotte was willing to share with us one of her favorite recipes! I hope you enjoy it and curl up with her book, it is one of the best books I’ve read in quite some time!
Raspberry Almond Delight
- 5 oz soft butter
- 6 oz sugar, brown or white
- 6 oz self-raising flour
- 6 oz flaked almonds
- 2 small eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 7.7 oz frozen raspberries (other berries can be used too)
- A dusting of icing sugar
Oven – 180 degrees C/355 degrees F
1. Grease a 22cm spring-release cake tin (I use butter but whatever takes your fancy).
2. In a large bowl mix (by hand) all the ingredients together, except the raspberries.
3. Spoon half of the mixture onto the base of the cake tin and use a fork spread out evenly.
4. Add the frozen raspberries to the tin and spread out evenly.
5. Using a spoon and your fingers, take blobs of the remaining mixture and dot over the raspberries. You won’t be able to cover the raspberries completely.
6. Place on a baking sheet and bake for approximately 45 minutes, until firm and slightly springy. Cover with foil if the top starts to burn.
7. Leave to rest for up to one hour, depending on your preference. It tastes delicious warm or cool.
8. Dust a light layer of icing sugar over the top, just before serving.
About the Book
If the state had sovereignty over your body, would you fight them for it or would you submit?
18-year-old Ora has always followed the rules unlike her aunt Dione, who is fond of breaking them. When Ora moves in with her, in the middle of nowhere, she discovers the B&B is in fact, a highly illegal birthing centre. Ora doesn’t know where to turn; sooner or later someone is going to die and Dione just won’t listen.
Other Author Recipes:
Rice Pudding from Author Vickie Hall
Chocolate Torte from Author Julie Coulter Bellon
Biscoff Nutella Cheesecake by Author Jennings Wright
Maryland Party Cheesecake from Author Helen Smith
Quinoa Squash Soup from Author Patricia Fry