Okay, I don’t know about you but I have a tendency to get aggravated for no flipping reason. For example, I have recently noticed I severely hate change. To the point that my first reaction is to get mad. Yeah, I know. BaD! So, I thought this week we’d do 5 ways to make ourselves smile.
1. Do something totally ridiculous. For example, if you see someone staring and they just can’t seem to stop, stick your tongue out at them. It will make them stop staring, I SWEAR, and instead of getting annoyed you’ll laugh at yourself.
2. Make silly faces in the mirror and compliment yourself. If the sheer act of doing so doesn’t make you smile, then I challenge you to figure out how many faces and/or compliments it takes you to get there! *I’d love to hear*
3. Hug someone you love. Not just a short, one handed hug, those are lame. Hug someone and just allow yourself to take a minute to feel the emotions that come forth. Works wonders when you do it on a regular basis!
4. Do something nice for someone. Whether it be helping an elderly person load their groceries or taking someone a baked goody for no reason, I assure you it will make you smile when you see how good it makes the recipient feel.
5. Make a list of your blessings. Not in your head, on paper. Even if you aren’t in a positive place, force yourself to avoid sarcasm and write down your blessings. You’ll smile at the reminder, so don’t throw it away when you are done!
My Blessings List: (A Synopsis)
A God that is Alive, All Knowing, Merciful, and Forgiving.
My Family. Immediate and Extended. Craziness and Sanity. 😀
Food in the fridge.
The ability to bless others.
Electricity. Water. Clothing. Vehicles that run (most of the time).