This recipe is a favorite for urban Indians in Mumbai! Now you can try it at home! Simple and easy recipe! These are not meant to be fluffy as we typically eat them in America, but rather flat served with toast or thin bread.
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
3/4 chopped onion, divided into 3
3/4 c chopped tomato, divided into 3
2 tsp finely diced jalapeno, divided into 3
1/4 c fresh cilantro, chopped and divided into 3
- In a bowl, beat together eggs, salt, pepper and 2 tbsp water until blended.
- Ina large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat. Pour 1/4 of the egg mixture into skillet. Scatter 1/4 of each of the toppings evenly on top.
- Cook without stirring until edges can be lifted with spatula, about 2 minutes.
- Fold over to form semi-circle. Cook for 30 seconds longer.
- Transfer to platter and keep warm as you do the next two.
Have you ever had an Indian omelette?
What type of omelette makes your mouth water?
Originally posted 2016-08-22 06:50:35.