Corn nuggets are fantastic! Whether you use dairy or not, you’ll certainly enjoy this! You can make it either way, dairy free or full dairy!
One of the worst things about having a dairy allergy is that everything one buys has dairy in it! Chief Zoo Keeper didn’t always have a dairy allergy so he very much knows the wonderful flavors of all things dairy.
One of the many things he misses is Corn Nuggets. I spend a bit of time trying to get recipes to be dairy free and taste good. So, below is the dairy version with notes to modify it to be dairy free.
These corn nuggets used the modification that I’m putting by the asterisks. Hope you love it and will come back and leave me your comments.
Note: The only difference between dairy free and full dairy is which corn you use. Continue with the rest of the ingredients as listed after you choose your corn.
Dairy Version — 11 ozs cream style corn **Leave out for dairy free version**
Dairy Free Version — 11 ozs whole kernel corn, drained **double, mix with 1 pkg dairy free cream cheese
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- If making the dairy free version, start by mixing the corn and cream cheese. If not, mix corn together.
- Drop in spoonfuls onto a baking sheet, put in freezer for at least 4 hours. Trust me, you want it as frozen as possible.
- In a medium bowl, be at egg and add cornmeal, flour, salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat oil to 350 degrees
- A few at a time, take corn out of freezer and dip in flour mixture. Immediately put in oil. I suggest doing only a few at a time because they will start to thaw very quickly and when they thaw, they fall apart.
- Fry until golden brown. Place on paper towels to let some of the oil drip off.
Be sure and check out our other fantastic recipes!
Originally posted 2016-07-18 07:31:36.