Don’t Worry, Be Ha-Pea, Giveaway & 5 Steps to Ease Anxiety
Don’t Worry, Be Ha-Pea is an adorable book full of food puns! With 101+ food puns, you’ll have a silly smile for sure. Each pun is made with a piece of beautifully photographed food, just like the pea completing the pun on the cover. It’s definitely a clever little book!
Don’t Worry. What a funny concept. Every person who has ever stressed out or had any level of anxiety, simply cannot help but worry sometimes. It’s such a common phrase and often given in an attempt to help someone feel a little better about their situation.
It’s also an incredibly illusive task: Don’t Worry.
If it were only that easy.
You may have caught some of our posts on mental health, we’ve definitely covered a lot of depression over the years. Lately though, I’ve been working on changing my thought patterns. I’ve realized that growth and change will never come, if I don’t work at changing my thoughts and growing my emotional well being.
You are welcome (and encouraged) to visit our post about Finding Peace in Tragedy, Reducing Stress, and our free printable for a Self Guided Path to Joy.
5 Steps to Easing Anxiety So That you Can Worry Less
While I don’t have the answer as to how it is that one accomplishes the direction of ‘Don’t Worry,’ I will share with you some ways that you can ease your anxiety a little.
Anxiety is a big deal.
It is absolutely okay to feel anxious. Anxiety is how your body tells you that something is bothering you. Not that something bad is inevitable, just that there’s something that you need to address.
- Take a deep breathe. Focus on the way it feels as the air goes into your lungs, the way that your stomach moves as you breathe in and out. The sound it makes. Repeat that until you get your feel a little calmer.
- I put all of my problems in the serenity prayer. It helps me. Maybe it will help you. I also highly recommend you look up the original serenity prayer. It is absolutely beautiful!
- Now that you have calmed down some, you can look at the problem a little better. Break it down.
- Is it the issue circling through your mind that is bothering you or is it something else? What is it that you are worried about exactly?
- If it’s a task or event, what do you hope to accomplish?
- Now that you know what you want to accomplish, what steps do you need to take to complete the final task.
- If there is nothing you can do, jump down to step four.
- Remember, we’ve broken it down, so focus on each task individually until they are completed. The issue is no longer the answer in step one, now the issue is the task we’re working on.
- Give yourself grace. Whatever you are feeling is okay. Whatever happens, it will eventually be okay. Whether it is wonderful or terrible, eventually, it will be okay. Even if it’s not the okay that you had wanted.
- Repeat to yourself as often as you think of it: you are worthy, you are loved, you are good, things are going to be fine.
Now, for the Giveaway!
Don’t Worry, Be Ha-pea is a mouthwater set of puns for foodies! This book of 101 food puns are pictured well and will test your knowledge of all sorts of things! Some of the puns are a little trickier to figure out, but the book warns: donut give up!
Food puns include pop culture references, tourist attractions and even social media slang among other topics. Definitely a mind bender at times but always fun to figure out! This book would make a great gift to cheer someone up! I’ll be adding one to a gift basket soon for a sick friend!
This book by Marie Saba is sure to bring smiles! Pear it with some tissues, soup, cough drops, juice and other comfort items to make a great gift basket for someone who is feeling under the weather!
One lucky winner will receive the book!
9 thoughts on “Don’t Worry, Be Ha-Pea, Giveaway & 5 Steps to Ease Anxiety”
This sounds like a cute book. I can see it distracting me and helping me feel better when I am down or anxious.
I think it would be perfect for that! A little mind vacation can be just what we need sometimes!
Sounds like a fun book that will surely put the reader in a good mood.
I like to pray in the early hours with just a hot cup of coffee and a warm blanket.
That sounds like the perfect time! I enjoy sitting outside in the springtime in the mornings.
I always try to Don’t Worry and Be Happy. Which is easier said then done. but I try. I LOVE LOVE PUNS. Nothing seems to bring a smile to my face quicker than a pun.
Same here, it seems like the older I get the harder it gets but I’m doing my best to get back to that happy person I use to be.
I find peace with my little niece and wife and try as the saying says not sweat the small stuff
This sounds like a fun book for both my kids and I. We love puns.