I can’t honestly say where I found this recipe, but I wanted to share it with you. Whether you are gluten free (the Fusilli can be found GF), vegan, or just have the occasional meatless meal, this is pretty good. We don’t typically do any of those, so as we ate my husband said he needed a steak to go with it, which is funny because he doesn’t typically like steak. So, it’s a great meatless meal or would go fabulous alongside a well cooked steak. Hope you like it.
- 1 pkg Fusilli pasta
- olive oil
- 2 c butternut squash, chopped same size
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 c onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c mushrooms, chopped
- 1 pkg cherub tomatoes, halved
- Green Onions, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Toss squash in bowl with 2 tbsp oil and a dash of salt and pepper.
- In roasting pan, spread squash in a single layer and roast for 12 minutes. Remove from oven, stir, roast another 12 minutes.
- Fill large pot with salted water and bring to boil over high heat. When the water begins to boil, add fusilli and cook to package directions.
- Heat a large skillet, add oil when the pan is hot. Over medium heat, saute onions. Add mushrooms and tomatoes, saute a little longer.
- Add fusilli and squash, stir well for one minute.
- If desired, garnish with green onions.
If you have any modifications that work out, we’d love to hear them!
Originally posted 2016-02-15 06:15:15.