How to Clean Stove Grates
- Take down your grates and find a pan they will fit in. Some people used pots, but mine wouldn’t work in that so I used a really large pan similar to the one linked.
- Add an inch or more water to the pan enough so that it will cover the grates, just be careful not to make it too heavy as you will need to move it and dump the water while it’s still hot later.
- Heat the water to boiling, a good rolling boil.
- Using tongs or something so you won’t touch anything, dip the grates into the water and hold it down. If you don’t want to stand there while it melts the grease off, you can also use something heavy to hold it down while it does it’s thing. You’ll see the grease come floating off! It’s gross but kind of cool lookin’. LOL
- Remove the grate, dispose of water (Preferably not down the drain, but if you must dump it down the sink then allow water to clush it through for a bit afterwards to help ensure it doesn’t get stuck in the pipes.)
- Do the other side and repeat if you think it needs it.
I’d be ever so grateful if you share your cleaning tricks and cheats!
I’m all about working smarter not harder!