Aah, spring cleaning! Getting that Spring Cleaning itch is such a great feeling! The one time of year where we actually WANT to clean house! It’s interesting how we sort of nest this time of year, makes me wonder if it’s some primal instinct. Regardless, I read about this somewhere and thought I would share my instructions. Has the bug hit you yet???
Here’s the Easy Way
- Take down your grates and find a pan they will fit in. Some people used pots, but mine wouldn’t work in that so I used a really large cake pan.
- Add water to the pan enough so that it will cover the grates
- Heat the water to boiling, a good rolling boil.
- Using tongs or something so you won’t touch anything, dip the grates into the water and hold it down. You’ll see the grease come floating off! It’s gross but kind of cool lookin’. LOL
- Remove grate, dispose of water (NOT DOWN THE DRAIN!!!)
- Do the other side and repeat if you think it needs it.
Originally posted 2013-04-13 03:51:00.