Kitty Litter Halloween Cake
Isn’t this just HORRIBLE GOODNESS!!! The adults were slightly sickened, but the kids loved it! Guess that’s how it goes! We had a great time making it and the reactions to it were very entertaining!
A friend and I made it for a Halloween Cake for teen girls party and really enjoyed it! I’m going to go ahead and admit that making the poo was really fun! We were up late and giggling, so that may have contributed!
Complete the party with scary stories and some ‘bloody punch’, and you’ll all have a night to cherish forever! I can’t seem to find the pictures of the inside, but using some food coloring, when you slice into it, it looks fabulous! Here’s how ya make it!
1 white cake mix, made as directed
green food coloring
1 container cool whip
Any flavor of white colored pudding, made as directed
graham cracker crumbs or vanilla wafers (any tan or light brown cookie would do fine), crushed
CLEAN NEW KITTY LITTER BOX AND SCOOP!!!
- Make cake as directed. Let cool.
- Take cake out of cake pan and crumble into both large and small chunks. You can’t really go wrong with the sizes, it will work regardless and you can modify it if you don’t like the way it looks when you put it in the ‘litter box’.
- Mix pudding and cake together.
- Once you get it smoothed the way you want it, go through in different spots and mix in a bit of food coloring. This will give it the kitty litter look!
- Smooth out cool whip on top, adding small spots of green food coloring in random places.
- Cover with crushed cookies/graham crackers.
- Take tootsie rolls and stretch and mold them to look like, well I think you can guess!
- Let chill in the fridge for a while so that the pudding can thicken to desired texture!
- Serve with a litter scoop and enjoy!!! We used a storage container with rounded edges, the scoop was only a buck, so it wasn’t bad. Gotta love dollar tree!!!
Originally posted 2011-09-28 14:31:00.