Hello People…Let’s see… End of the year…. We’re all thinking or hearing people talk about the lies we tell ourselves at the end of each year….My usual:
- Lose weight… I know, original…
- Get organized… Don’t even get me started….
- Be more patient…. stupid list takes forever!…. LOL
- Yep… that’s all I can remember from years past….
Medicine Bottle Uses:
New Ways To Use Old Bottles
- Paper clips, one for small one for big!
- Christmas ornament hooks!
- pencil erasers
- those pesky thumb tacks
- nails & screws: each size=different bottle
- birthday candles
- Emergency Sewing Kit: a needle, thread, safety pin and extra buttons. I like to make sure I have the thread cut and ready for threading so I don’t have to carry scissors. Then again, I also always have a pocket knife with me.
- Pins: if you glue a magnet on the inside of the lid, you can easily pick them up if they spirll
- Key hider: glue an inconspicuous rock to the top of the bottle and lightly bury it so that you’ll always have a key if you get locked out.
- Essential Oil Mixes: We use a lot of essential oils and the bottles give us a space to mix our oils up and store them so that we have them ready when the kids get sick!
- Use one as a measuring ‘cup’ for your homemade laundry detergent. I have mine marked so that I know just where to fill it to every time.
- Travel shampoo/conditioner: You can add your favorite shampoo or conditioner in for easy and free travel packs! Just try a little water first and flip it to ensure that your particular bottle is leak proof.
- Small toys: remember pogs back in the day? Medicine bottles would have been perfect for them! Of course, those aren’t really the in thing anymore. You can use old medicine bottles for the older kids to put in their tiny little toys
What do you do with your old medicine bottles???
I’d love some new ideas!!!
Gayle Page-Robak said…
Great idea segment for meds’ bottles. I hate throwing them away as well. Some uses…keep a batch for loose coin change…one each for nickels, dimes, etc. etc. Another thing, I use the bottle as a base for small floral decorations for the tree…Add a ribbon or wire for a hanger. I put a tiny piece of floral foam inside the base portion of the bottle and then add dry or silk florals. Gets your creative mojo going. Great little gifts as well. I am now a follower of your blog and look forward to return visits.
Originally posted 2011-12-30 04:11:00.