Did you know October is National Healthy Children’s Month? We’ve got some fabulous vitamins from Superior Source to share with you! Enter this fabulous giveaway today!
National Healthy Children’s Month
National Healthy Children’s Month was created to help everyone remember to practice preventative health care for children. Given that October is the start of cooler weather in most places, I think they chose a great time of year for it!
Tips to Keep Kids Healthy
- Teach kids to wash their hands properly to help prevent infection and the spread of germs. It is recommended that they wash their hands under warm water for the length of the birthday song using anti-bacterial soap. Hand sanitizer doesn’t cut it.
- Feed them a healthy, nutritious breakfast at the start of everyday.
- Don’t smoke around them. Even having the smoke on your clothing is bad for infants and small children! (If only my elders had known!)
- Read to your children and be active with them. This will not only help them develop a love for learning but also begin a lifetime of healthy habits.
- Get them vaccinated. Research clearly shows that Autism is not linked to vaccinations. Unfortunately, the onset of Autism coincides with the age of vaccines. Correlation does not equal causation, or at least that’s what I learned in college…
- Don’t miss wellness visits. Children need them.
- Check for and eliminate health hazards in your home.
- Children weighing less than 40 pounds should always be in an appropriate car seat in the back seat of the car, preferably in the middle.
- If you have any learning or development concerns, seek medical attention.
In honor of National Healthy Children’s Month, we are trying out some fantastic vitamins around here:
- Children’s B-complex with Vitamin C
- Contains folic acid, calcium pantothenate and biotin to help support the best health possible and to produce and maintain new cells and supports for the nervous system, energy metabolism and healthy heart function.
- Children’s D3
- Works with the calcium to promote the development and maintenance of strong bones and teeth.
- Children’s Echinacea
- Zinc is required by more than 300 enzymes for the support of many systems and functions throughout the body. According to Superior Source, studies indicate that zinc promotes recovery from the common cold and cold symptoms. These are formulated with an herbal blend as added protection for health and immune system support.
- Baby D3
- This works the same as above except it’s for babies. Note: do not give vitamins to infants under 6 months of age unless advised by a physician.
- Children’s Iron
- Helps maintain optimum levels of iron. Ferrous fumarate helps restore iron levels when they are low and may help reduce the chances of getting gastro-intestinal problems.
Here’s what we’ve learned that makes Superior Source Vitamins the best for children:
- No swallowing needed! Their vitamins are MicroLingual so they dissolve under the tongue in just a few seconds. This means no screaming kid who doesn’t want to swallow. Also, I love that it helps us avoid the kids wanting to take pills. That has always bothered me.
- They are both GMO and sugar free. Need I say more on that subject?
- There are no chemical binders or fillers. It’s always great to be putting less ‘bad stuff’ in our bodies!
- They are 90% smaller than regular vitamins, making them easier for little ones to take.
*Please note: Always talk to your child’s doctor before starting them on any vitamins*
One lucky winner will receive:
Superior Source Children’s Vitamins 5 Pack ($40 Value)