These two dishes can be eaten together in an Indian flour wrap or chapati. Best served with a spicy coriander and tomato chutney and/or some Indian pickles.
3 tbsp oil
1 medium onion, finely sliced
3-4 curry leaves
400g can of chopped tomatoes
400g can of Glenryck Pilchards in tomato sauce
1-2 medium green chilli, coarsely chopped
2 tbsp finely chopped spring onions
1 tsp curry powder
2-3 pinches of sugar
salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a cooking pan and fry onion until lightly browned. Add in curry leaves and fry for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add chopped tomatoes. Cover and cook until simmering gently and a thin film of oil is visible on the surface. Stir in curry powder and sugar and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
3. Remove pilchard spine by gently cutting each fish in half along the sides and lifting spine off the flesh. Ensure no bones remain. Break into medium chunks and add to pan. Cover and cook for about 5-10 minutes.
4. Add salt to taste.
5. Sprinkle chopped green chilli and spring onions on top.
(Butternut Squash can be used as an alternative)
2-3 tbsp oil
½ medium onion, finely sliced
½ tsp of mustard seeds
4-6 small dried red chillies or 1 large, chopped dried red chilli
2-3 curry leaves
500g pumpkin, diced in small pieces
1-2 tbsp chopped coriander
1. Heat oil in a cooking pan and fry onion until lightly browned.
2. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, and chillies. Fry for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add pumpkin and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring gently to avoid burning.
4. Add in just enough water to cover mixture. Cover pan and allow to cook on a medium heat. Stir occasionally.
5. Once pumpkin has softened and water is almost evaporated (about 10-15 minutes), take pan off cooker and mash pumpkin.
6. Sprinkle chopped coriander on top.
- ‘My name is Lucas Soul. Today, I died again. This is my fifteenth death in the last four hundred and fifty years.’
- The Crovirs and the Bastians. Two races of immortals who have lived side by side with humans for millennia and been engaged in a bloody war since the very dawn of their existence. With the capacity to survive up to sixteen deaths, it was not until the late fourteenth century that they reached an uneasy truce, following a deadly plague that wiped out more than half of their numbers and made the majority of survivors infertile.
- Soul is an outcast of both immortal societies. Born of a Bastian mother and a Crovir father, a half breed whose very existence is abhorred by the two races, he spends the first three hundred and fifty years of his life being chased and killed by the Hunters. One fall night in Boston, the Hunt starts again, resulting in Soul’s fifteenth death and triggering a chain of events that sends him on the run with Reid Hasley, a former US Marine and his human business partner of ten years. When a lead takes them to Washington DC and a biotechnology company with affiliations to the Crovirs, they cross the Atlantic to Europe, on the trail of a French scientist whose research seems intrinsically linked to the reason why the Hunters are after Soul again.
- From Paris to Prague, their search for answers will lead them deep into the immortal societies and bring them face to face with someone from Soul’s past. Shocking secrets are uncovered and fresh allies come to the fore as they attempt to put a stop to a new and terrifying threat to both immortals and humans. Time is running out for Soul. Can he get to the truth before his seventeenth death, protect the ones he loves and prevent another immortal war?
D. Starrling was born on the small island nation of Mauritius in the Indian Ocean and came to the UK at the age of twenty to study medicine. After five years of hard graft earning her MD and another five years working all of God’s hours as a Pediatrician, she decided it was time for a change and returned to her first love, writing. She lives in Warwickshire in the West Midlands, where she is busy writing the next installment in the series. She still practices medicine. AD Starrling is her pen name.
- 420 pages
- Genre: Supernatural, Action Adventure, Thriller
- Age: Adult
- Available from: Amazon.com & other retailers
- ASIN: B008L8IU8C
- “I loved this book. I was immediately drawn into the world of the Immortals that AD Starrling has created. You should definitely go pick it up and give it a read. If you like this genre at all, or even if you don’t, this is a new author that you will want to give a try.” Jessica Loves Books
“Soul Meaning is a supernatural thriller that is jammed packed full of non-stop action. From the very first page, it draws the reader in. It immediately grabbed my attention and it continued till the very end. I was really surprised by how amazing Soul Meaning was.” Lunar Haven RD