Summer Fruit Cups: Healthy, Delicious Frozen Treat
Summer fruit cups are a fantastic treat on a hot day! Plus, they are super healthy! Full of vitamins with no additives! Plus, they are super easy to make and there’s just something yummy about summer tropical fruit!!! Especially when it’s good and cold!
Here’s a yummy snack for you to try this summer without the sugar guilt! This only has natural sugar! Plus, it’s a great way to use those bananas that are going bad!!!
If you’re interested in more healthy summer treats, check out our Mock Welch’s Strawberry Fruit Pops! I swear that’s the closest I’ve ever gotten to the flavor of them back before they had so many additives!
Summer Fruit Cups Recipe
The best thing about this recipe, aside from it’s being deceptively healthy, is that it’s super easy to customize to your tastes! You can add in or take away anything you’d like! So remember, everything is optional.
- 2 cups bananas, mashed
- 1 can pineapples
- 2 cups unsweetened orange juice
- 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- Chopped cherries
- Chopped nuts
- Mash the bananas in a bowl freezer safe mixing bowl.
- Add in pineapples, juices and cherries (if you’re adding them).
- Place in freezer until it’s almost firm.
- When it’s almost firm (not frozen), put the mixture into a blender and chop until it has the texture you desire. We did ours somewhere between an ice cream and pudding. haha. If you blend too long, it will thaw too much, no worries! Just stick it back in the freezer for a bit!
- Spoon into cups or bowls and serve.
*Note: These can also be made for snacks and school lunches, you’ll just have to experiment with the process to see how your little one loves it best!
What are your favorite healthy treats?
3 thoughts on “Summer Fruit Cups: Healthy, Delicious Frozen Treat”
Pingback: Wonderful Wednesday - Oh My Heartsie Girl
Love this! Thanks for the recipe.
Looks yummy. What a fun blog check out my blog if you get a min and have not already :).
Have a great day