Let me just start with, the soup is great. Light but filling, my favorite combination now that I’m on a
health kick better me journey. Anyway, you could easily do it with veggie stock and leave out the chicken to make it vegan, I’d suggest using something such as white beans to replace the chicken so you don’t lose out on protein. I made egg rolls to go with it (not gonna lie they were store bought) and they went great together, even though this isn’t an Asian soup. There is a lot of chopping, but the soup is super easy. All the ingredients could be chopped in advance if you need to throw it together quickly.
Chicken & Bok Choy Soup
- 1 tbsp veg oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 c chicken broth
- 6 sm potatoes, diced (I used red)
- 1 bok choy w leaves, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 lg carrots, chopped
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, chopped
- Cook chicken and set aside. You could easily use leftover chicken.
- Saute onion and garlic.
- Add broth, potatoes, carrots, bok choy and celery.
- Bring to a boil. (if you want, you can turn it off for a sec and skim off the oil. Then start boiling again before going to the next step.)
- Reduce heat and simmer until veggies are slightly tender.
- Add chicken and continue to cook.
I’d love to hear your thoughts, tips and modifications.
Please leave them below!
Originally posted 2016-03-28 07:48:32.