Chicken Bok Choy Soup is absolutely delicious and even healthy! A definitely wonderful way to warm you up! We’re also bringing you a fabulous Magazine Subscription Giveaway so you’ll have something new to curl up with and inspire you!
Scroll down for Our Giveaway!
Let me just start with, the soup is great. Light but filling, my favorite combination now that I’m on a
health kick better me journey. Anyway, you could easily do it with veggie stock and leave out the chicken to make it vegan, I’d suggest using something such as white beans to replace the chicken so you don’t lose out on protein.
To go with it, we made egg rolls (not gonna lie they were store bought) and they went great together, even though this isn’t an Asian soup. There is a lot of chopping, but the soup is super easy. All the ingredients could be chopped in advance if you need to throw it together quickly.
Chicken Bok Choy Soup
- 1 tbsp veg oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 c chicken broth
- 6 sm potatoes, diced (I used red)
- 1 bok choy w leaves, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 lg carrots, chopped
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, chopped
- Cook chicken and set aside. You could easily use leftover chicken.
- Saute onion and garlic.
- Add broth, potatoes, carrots, bok choy and celery.
- Bring to a boil. (if you want, you can turn it off for a sec and skim off the oil. Then start boiling again before going to the next step.)
- Reduce heat and simmer until veggies are slightly tender.
- Add chicken and continue to cook.