Whole Wheat Hoagie Roll (or whole wheat hotdog bun)- toasted
Fresh Spinach Dressing
Fast Fixin’ chicken nuggets (get coupon here)
Variety of raw vegetables-
red/yellow/orange/green peppers- sliced
black olives- sliced
purple onion- sliced
lettuce or raw spinach – leaf or shredded
banana peppers (sweet or hot, as preferred)- sliced
(Optional) Cheese – shredded or sliced (cheddar, mozzarella, colby, swiss, muenster, provolone- any
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place frozen chicken nuggets flat on baking sheet, approximately 3-4 nuggets per sandwich.
3. While oven is pre-heating, prepare spinach dressing (see recipe below).
4. Bake chicken nuggets 12-15 minutes, to bake nuggets evenly on both sides, turn nuggets over
halfway through baking time, return tray to oven and complete baking.
5. While chicken nuggets are baking, wash, slice and prepare variety selected vegetable toppings
6. During last minute of baking, slice open hoagie roll and place on baking sheet to toast/warm.
7. Remove chicken nuggets and roll from oven. Spread 1-2 Tbsp of spinach dressing on warm
hoagie roll. Layer with chicken nuggets. If adding cheese, sprinkle over chicken nuggets to
melt the cheese. Layer remaining vegetable ingredients as desired, creating a garden chicken
sandwich with many colors, flavors, and textures.
8. For complete menu- serve sandwich along with ½ cup coleslaw (see recipe below), ½ cup
canned fruit or piece of fresh fruit, 1 cup skim or low fat milk. Nutritious and Delicious.
Fresh Spinach Dressing
1 cup whipped cream cheese
½ -1 cup greek style, plain yogurt
2 cups fresh spinach
½ cup fresh basil
¼ cup fresh chives (or green onions)
Combine/Mix all ingredients together in blender until creamy and smooth, well blended dressing.
Can modify consistency by amount of yogurt added- more yogurt makes dressing more liquid
consistency, less yogurt makes dressing thicker and more spreadable. Both are good for dipping,
dressing, or spreading as preferred use. Keep covered and refrigerated after use. Can be made prior
to preparing sandwich to have readily available saving a few more minutes of meal preparation time,
if needed. Can be easily made while oven is preheating and/or chicken nuggets baking in oven.
Originally posted 2013-02-16 11:22:00.