Wedding Favors can be an overwhelming choice. With so many other important decisions, this one should be fun. We’ve come up with a guide to help do just that!
We want every detail to be perfect: the venue, the dress, photographer, flowers, cake, wedding favors… the list goes on and on. The details can quickly become overwhelming, especially as the days countdown to the BIG day. If you are in the process, you know that already.
For most of us, our wedding day is the closest we will ever get to a fairy tale so naturally we want it to be perfect! I’ve known people that started planning their wedding, or at least imagining what they wanted it to be when they were little girls.
No need to panic, I wish that I could assure you in such a way that would ease the anxiety.Unfortunately, we both know that I can’t. So, I set out to come up with an easy way to narrow down the list of choices and get to choosing the perfect one for your wedding.
Growing up in a flower shop, I’ve helped with more weddings than I can count. I grew up watching the professional florists and event planners, assisting them and taking orders to help make the bride’s day perfect. Assisting in wedding planning is one of my favorite things that I’ve done. My hope is that I can help you as well!
Wedding Favors can be almost anything, any design, style and so on. Whether yourchoice be personalized wedding favours or not, choose a favor that means something specifically to the happy couple. Favors are personal, a reflection of the happy couple. If you like silly, find a silly one. If you like things to be different, there are unusual wedding favours. If you are a couple who loves the classics, choose something more traditional. There are no rules, it’s your day. Do as you wish!
I’ve prepared a guide to help you in choosing the perfect wedding favors for your wedding, and we’ll soon have a list of ideas for you! So be sure and check back!
A Complete Guide to Choosing Wedding Favors
By the time you get to choosing the right favor, you’ve no doubt chosen your theme, have an idea of what your wedding will look like and are fantasizing about your new life with the love of your life. This is absolutely wonderful, and it will help make the decision easier!
- What is your theme? If you don’t have one, that is okay. Just skip this question and go to the next. If you do have one, do you want your wedding favor to reflect that theme or do you want it to be more personal to the bride and groom? Once you’ve answered these questions, it will help you screen out many of the cute options you have pinned or saved that aren’t perfect.
- What purpose do you want the favor to serve? There are favors that are designed to be used and there are some that are designed to become a treasured memento for your guests. Honestly, I think this question can also be narrowed down by asking yourself: are my friends and family the type of people that will actually keep it? If not, that’s okay. It’s your day, not theirs.
- What is your budget? Trust me, favors are not the place you want to splurge for your wedding. They are great, but they aren’t the most important place one can put money. So, if you have a small budget that’s okay. Make it work. No one leaves a wedding talking about the favors. They are not the most important part of planning. Honestly, there are many you can make (with no talent at all if you aren’t crafty) that are simple and perfect!
- What is your timeline? Now that you know what your budget is, you need to figure out how much time you have. Knowing how much time you have will let you know what is feasible. If you have a long time, you can DIY something a little more in depth. If not, perhaps go with something simple.
- For DIY and a time crunch, have a favor Assembly party!If DIY is what you want, don’t completely give up. Gather those bridesmaids, friends, or whomever and create an assembly line. If you come prepared, you can have an assembly line going and complete a lot more work in a short amount of time. It doesn’t matter if your people are crafty, they just have to be able to follow instructions!
We hope these help you find the perfect wedding favor for your special day. You can find a list of other wedding resources on our site to further help you with wedding plans! A lot of them are free, so they fit every budget! Event planning is a passion for me and I hope that I’ve been able to help you with yours!
Originally posted 2018-05-29 15:29:39.