A Father’s Day Tribute
Today, I am heading to spend the day with my Dad and my Pa-Pa, along with the rest of my amazing family.
5 Things I Got From My Dad
Not in Any Particular Order
- I deflect emotional junk with humor.
- My height
- Big feet
- That ‘close your eyes when you smile’ thing.
- An amazing example of how to live for God, even if sometimes you stumble.
5 Random Memories that Make Me Smile
- My Dad fixing my pony tails when I was a kid. Thank God I wasn’t tender headed!
- Watching my Dad lay carpet and kick the knee thingy. I was always fascinated to watch my Daddy work, and now I love the smell of new carpet!
- When I was a kid, he was rotten. Once, we went to McDonald’s and got food. He said we needed to let it cool and we ran into the store. When we came back, my burger somehow magically had gummy worms on it… He said we shouldn’t eat there because they put worms on their food. LOL. Love my Dad’s humor, and that even now 20+ years later he swears it was them.
- That time when my world crashed around me and I called him in the middle of the night. He not only got out of bed and spoke to me for hours, he gave me a lot of wisdom that night. In essence, I love that if I need him, he is always there for me. He doesn’t try to sugar coat, he is just honest.
- When he walked me down the aisle informing me that the truck was running by the door if I wanted to run. LOL. As if I would have made it away from my husbands linebacker family and friends. LOL. Refer back to that deflecting emotion with humor.
Not that you hadn’t figured it out, but I love my Dad.
Hope you have a great day celebrating the amazing, loving Dad in your life.
May God Bless You and Keep You.