Carrots were not always my friend, as a child I was convinced they were evil. Haha. It is so great that nowadays kids aren’t as intimidated by healthier foods! These Coriander Carrots are everything a carrot should be: healthy, sweet, and delicious!
While they’ll go with any or even no diet, I love that they are paleo friendly. They bring a sweet flavor without anything that could be considered unhealthy ! IMO that is a perfect combination!
I’ve doubled the recipe, as my tendency is to want to have them to snack on the next day. They only increase in their yumminess overnight!
Of course, I always wish I’d doubled my double. haha. Can you tell I’m crazy about Coriander Carrots? Of course, I’m also crazy about any recipe that is super easy and not too in depth!
- 2 tsp crushed coriander seeds *see note below*
- 2 lbs baby carrots, sliced into 4 strips or chopped
- ½ cup water
- 4 tbsp bacon grease (or butter)
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add coriander and cook 30 seconds or until toasted.
- Add carrots, water and grease (or butter).
- Cover pan and cook covered, untouched, for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook an additional 3 minutes (or until liquid is gone), stirring when necessary.
Please come back and let me know what you paired them with or any changes that worked for you!
***Note, I’ve found that the easiest way to grind the coriander seeds is to utilize an old pepper corn grinder.
Bonus: the container won’t waste away in a landfill! (Shout out to the amazing marketing people of the 90’s: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!)
[amazon_link asins=’1623154162,1940611563,1623150310′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’myc084-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’30cbf7d7-2c66-11e8-979e-3d3e15422fb1′][amazon_link asins=’B01LZFWRY7′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’myc084-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’a918ef95-2c66-11e8-9a12-a9e1f34ad248′]