I just love this recipe! It’s amazingly simple and tastes spectacular! You can even prepare the chicken ahead of time and then toss it in the oven when you get home from work or practice. Although I have to admit I haven’t tried doing it that way. Be sure and let it rest at least ten minutes so that the juices will soak into everything. I typically toss in vegetables to roast while it is resting to complete the meal. We’ve had no complaints from children or adults and that in itself is a small miracle. The kids didn’t even demand ketchup! Also, it’s healthy so it’s a total win in my book! After a few people said that they are totally difficult I really had to try it and attempt to prove them wrong, I think I did a decent job.
- 1 3-31/2 pound whole broiler-fryer chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- rinse inside of chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Skewer neck skin of chicken to back; tie legs to tail. Twist wing tips under back. Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush with melted butter; rub garlic over chicken.
- In a small bowl stir togerher basil, salt, sage, thyme, and lemon-pepper seasoning; rub onto chicken. If desired insert a meat thermometer into center of inside thigh muscle, not touching bone.
- Roast, uncovered, in a 375 degree oven for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until drumsticks move easily in their sockets and chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from oven. Cover; let stand for 10 minutes before carving.
I would love to hear your thoughts, additions and changes! I know that we are all always seeking improvement in our cooking and to make dinner even better! I have a slightly different Herb Roasted Chicken Recipe that’s also amazing, I’m not sure which one I love more.
3 thoughts on “Herb-Roasted Chicken”
This sounds like such flavorful and delicious chicken! I am definitely going to make this, thank you so much for sharing the recipe. 🙂
That looks really good. I want to try this soon!
We eat a lot of chicken at our house. This recipe sounds so good. My family will love it. Thank you so much for sharing