Korean Beef is absolutely delicious and it’s one of my favorite go to simple weeknight dinners. This recipe is on the table in less than 20 minutes!
I’ve got no clue where I came across this recipe originally, but once I tried it I was hooked! The whole family loves the flavor and I love that it takes so little time and effort!
It’s a great recipe for busy nights or just those nights where you’re not feeling that whole cooking mess!
- 2 lbs lean ground meat
- 2 c shredded carrots (opt.)
- 3/4 c soy sauce
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp red pepper
- chopped green onions
- 2 c rice, cooked
- Brown ground meat and drain. If using ground turkey, simmer it in some beef stock, cooking the liquid down completely after draining to get the beef flavor. We often do this as it’s healthier than beef.
- Saute carrots, set aside.
- Mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and red pepper.
- Add mixture to to meat in pan and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Once sauce is thickened, mix in carrots.
- Serve on top of rice
These would be amazing with Crab Rangoon! We’ve got a baked recipe that you can try, and it’s got a dairy free version if ya need it! We’ve also got a ton of dessert recipes that may strike your fancy!
For this fantastic part of the hop, we have the winner’s choice of magazine subscription!
Winner’s Choice of Magazine Subscription
|Food Network||Better Homes & Gardens||Elle||Car & Driver||Backpacker||Bicycling|
|Rachael Ray Every Day||Country Living||Cosmopolitan||Esquire||Golf||Diabetic Living|
|Midwest Living||Elle Decor||Men’s Health||House Beautiful||InStyle||Women’s Health|
|Cooking||Hola! (Eng or Span)||Mens Health||Travel||O, The Oprah Magazine|
|Harper’s Bazaar & Marie Claire||Texas Monthly||Shape Magazine||Seattle Magazine||Whisky Advocate||Shape Magazine|
|Martha Stewart Living||Woman’s Day||Health & Fitness||Red Bulletin|