I made these for a church function and they were a huge success. Everyone loved them! I hope you’ll enjoy them too. They’d also be perfect for game night, and will probably be on the list for our next one. They are so simple and quick, we love having them when we’re having movie nights as well. I should really take a better photo, but I get so wrapped up in our events that I forget. I know, total blogger fail.
The best thing about these, since you can taste via the picture, is that they are a healthier version of what we’d have bought in stores. Much less grease and we control the ingredients.
Homemade Pizza Rolls Recipe
- 1 pkg Filo Dough
- olive oil
- 1 jar Pizza Sauce
- 1 pkg shredded cheese
- ground beef, pepperoni, etc
- (whatever ‘toppings’ you’d like) I recommend chopping up and sauteing vegetables you’d like to add.
- Lay filo dough out flat. CAREFULLY (trust me, be super careful it rips) peel 1 layer of dough off and set aside, then peel another layer.
- Brush first later with olive oil, then carefully place the second layer on top. It tears really easy so take your time and be really careful!
- Spread a small amount of sauce into a line close to the edge of the dough, leave space for ends of rolls. Otherwise they’ll overflow.
- Place cheese and toppings on top of sauce. Remember, it doesn’t take much, just a little bit as these are small and the cheese will expand when melted.
- Roll dough over the toppings until if forms a little roll.
- Use olive oil to seal the edge, cut off additional dough.
- Slice roll into desired size.
- Repeat until out of ingredients.
- Bake at 350 until dough is lightly browned, about 10-15 minutes.
Originally posted 2012-06-28 05:00:00.