Pizza Rolls Recipe: Appetizer, Party Food, Game Night
I made these for a church function and they were a huge success. Everyone loved them! I hope you’ll enjoy them too. They’d also be perfect for game night, and will probably be on the list for our next one. They are so simple and quick, we love having them when we’re having movie nights as well. I should really take a better photo, but I get so wrapped up in our events that I forget. I know, total blogger fail.
The best thing about these, since you can taste via the picture, is that they are a healthier version of what we’d have bought in stores. Much less grease and we control the ingredients.
Homemade Pizza Rolls Recipe
- 1 pkg Filo Dough
- olive oil
- 1 jar Pizza Sauce
- 1 pkg shredded cheese
- ground beef, pepperoni, etc
- (whatever ‘toppings’ you’d like) I recommend chopping up and sauteing vegetables you’d like to add.
- Lay filo dough out flat. CAREFULLY (trust me, be super careful it rips) peel 1 layer of dough off and set aside, then peel another layer.
- Brush first later with olive oil, then carefully place the second layer on top. It tears really easy so take your time and be really careful!
- Spread a small amount of sauce into a line close to the edge of the dough, leave space for ends of rolls. Otherwise they’ll overflow.
- Place cheese and toppings on top of sauce. Remember, it doesn’t take much, just a little bit as these are small and the cheese will expand when melted.
- Roll dough over the toppings until if forms a little roll.
- Use olive oil to seal the edge, cut off additional dough.
- Slice roll into desired size.
- Repeat until out of ingredients.
- Bake at 350 until dough is lightly browned, about 10-15 minutes.
8 thoughts on “Pizza Rolls Recipe: Appetizer, Party Food, Game Night”
(Pizza Rolls Recipe: Appetizer, Party Food, Game Night) These pizza rolls sound really good to me. I will make these sometime this Fall for my family members when the weather gets cooler out. We are heading into the warmer weather right now, too hot to have the oven going. 🙂 🙂
It’s like pizza but rolls? Then I love it even more. Plus you don’t need to slice it. Great idea!
Oh, these look fantastic! I always had a issue with filo dough, until a Greek friend told me to cover it with wax paper and a moist towel. It keeps it from drying out. And work FAST!
That is an awesome tip!!! Thank you so much for sharing! Definitely going to try that!
These look great! I can’t way to try them. I think the boys will love them. Thank you for sharing with us on Saturday Show and Tell. I hope you’ll join us again this week!
I can’t wait to try this recipe. It looks so good. Thank you so much for linking with “Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop”. Hope you link again this Wednesday.
These look so good. I have a Blog Hop, and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
Adorned From Above
Those look so delicious!!