Since we have two recipes in this one, I’m gonna post them one at a time. Makes it way easier in case you want to make the fish but not the sauce or if you want to make the sauce for something else! I think the Pineapple Ketchup would go great with homemade french fries.
Homemade Fish Sticks
2 c cornflakes, crushed
1 tsp pepper, divided
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 lb tilapia fillets, cut into 1″ strips
1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place a wire rack on a large baking sheet, coat with cooking spray.
- Place cornflakes and 1/4 tsp pepper in a bowl and mix.
- In another bowl, combine egg and lemon juice, stir with fork.
- Sprinkle fish evenly on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Dip fish in egg mixture, then into cornflake mixture. Place on rack and repeat.
- Bake at 425 til fish becomes flaky, about 12 minutes.
1/2 c cubed pineapple
1/3 c ketchup
1 tsp soy sauce
In a food processor or blender, combine ingredients and enjoy!
Got any great plans for the Pineapple Ketchup? Additions, changes? I’d love to hear them!
Originally posted 2016-08-15 09:08:54.
I have to say, the tacos were great but the Daisy Sour Cream made it awesome! I love the new squeeze bottles! So much easier to put it on so that you get just the right amount of sour cream in each bite! I’m pretty stoked! I love when new ‘genius’ ways come about and making my food pretty without me having to make a big mess! I do need to disclose that I got to try the Daisy Squeeze Sour Cream for free as part of a promotion, but my opinions of Daisy Sour Cream are true and honest. I’ve loved them forever!
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp pepper
3/8 tsp kosher salt, divided
2 lbs tilapia fillets
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro (I used the squeeze kind found in the produce section)
2 tsp canned chopped green chiles
2 diced, peeled avocados
1/4 c lime juice
12 corn tortillas
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Combine first four ingredients with 1/4 tsp salt. Brush fillets with oil and sprinkle with spice mixture. Place fillets on baking sheet and broil 6 minutes or until fish is flakey.
- Combine remainings salt, cilantro, chiles, lime juice and avocado. Mash with fork and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Heat tortillas in pan, you want to get a slight char to get the best possible flavor!
- Divide fish and avocado mixture on tortillas, add a dallop of Daisy sour cream and enjoy!
Originally posted 2016-08-08 09:06:56.