Homemade Fish Sticks & Pineapple Ketchup
Since we have two recipes in this one, I’m gonna post them one at a time. Makes it way easier in case you want to make the fish but not the sauce or if you want to make the sauce for something else! I think the Pineapple Ketchup would go great with homemade french fries.
Homemade Fish Sticks
2 c cornflakes, crushed
1 tsp pepper, divided
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 lb tilapia fillets, cut into 1″ strips
1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place a wire rack on a large baking sheet, coat with cooking spray.
- Place cornflakes and 1/4 tsp pepper in a bowl and mix.
- In another bowl, combine egg and lemon juice, stir with fork.
- Sprinkle fish evenly on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Dip fish in egg mixture, then into cornflake mixture. Place on rack and repeat.
- Bake at 425 til fish becomes flaky, about 12 minutes.
1/2 c cubed pineapple
1/3 c ketchup
1 tsp soy sauce
In a food processor or blender, combine ingredients and enjoy!
Got any great plans for the Pineapple Ketchup? Additions, changes? I’d love to hear them!
2 thoughts on “Homemade Fish Sticks & Pineapple Ketchup”
Sounds like a tasty alternative to the packaged and processed stuff.
It definitely does taste better and it’s healthier so that’s a bonus!