Time management is a very important skill to have. Being successful in life is quite difficult for those who are always late or miss appointments. I’m pleased to introduce you to Watchitude so we can get those Monkeys on the road to success!
Watchitude is a company that sells slap watches with a twist. They are designed by, well, anyone! Since the designs can be submitted by anyone, there are some really special one of a kind bands! They have a huge variety of different designs that I honestly haven’t seen anywhere else. You can get watches with some really cool designs such as animals, sports, foods (I have a love hate feeling for the pepperoni pizza watch), nature, and so much more. I had the privilege of getting the #145 Lightening watch, which was designed by Chris S from Texas! The slap watch band is plastic and, of course, slaps right in place. For those of us (especially the kiddos) who hate getting ready in the morning, that certainly helps with the getting ready time! The watch face is printed rather large, making it easy for kids to learn to tell time and for everyone to tell the time with a quick glance! They are the perfect gift for any kid!
Yes, you read that right! You can get your design made by going to Watchitude and uploading your photos. You can upload one for the watch band and another for the watch face. Then you share your design and get votes via your special link. Designs with the most votes will be put into production and if yours is one of them, you’ll get your design for free with your name on the back for design credit! How cool is that!?!
- It prepares them for the future. When school starts, they’ll need to be up on time and in class on time. When they get older, they’ll need to be on time for work and meetings for the rest of their lives. Good habits start early.
- It can help with patience, which cuts down on whining and other bad behaviors. We’ve all experienced the ‘is it time for *insert whatever here* yet?’ times and those moments where we tell them that we’ll be doing something in ten minutes. Problem is, until we teach them they have no concept of ten minutes so they keep asking. So, as a great solution, we can get a clock and show them that when the minute hand hits here then it will be time. Just make sure that when that time hits, you are on it so they’ll get it quickly!
- It helps them learn their numbers faster as they become familiar with the numbers in a functional way while learning to tell time.
- They are able to more easily able to learn skip counting when the time comes as they’ve already been doing it!
- According to parents.com, children start being taught problems with elapsed time by third grade. Why not help them have a strong grasp on the concept long before the challenge starts!
- Many of the self-help books and articles on how to be successful emphasize the importance of time, being on time, time management, etc. Perhaps learning to tell time and be good about being on time early will help our babies succeed!
- They’ll learn that everything has a place and a time. It ensures they know what is expected of them and they learn how to manage their time properly. A dear friend, who contributed this benefit, pointed out that her children have a schedule and they are able to make decisions regarding activities, responsibilities, etc that are reasonable to their schedule. Having watched her children and their interactions, I have to give her props because even her 7 year old was reasonable with these types of things!
- Studies show that routine and schedules gives children a sense of security and structure. This leads to confidence which will reflect in all areas of their life.
- Children on set schedules tend to be less grumpy as they know what is expected of them and what they need to do so there is no attitude (most of the time, haha)
- Having a schedule helps make it known that no one person’s life is more important so they learn to be more selflessness by thinking and considering other’s schedules and commitments when they want to do something.
Originally posted 2016-08-16 00:27:04.