Chief Zoo Keeper doesn’t like chocolate, so I don’t get to make a whole lot. Brownies about covers it. The other day, after a particularly challenging event, I decided enough was enough! So, I made chocolate cake!!! It was so great!!! So much so, that even Chief Doesn’t-Like-Chocolate liked it!!! I was vindicated! AND now I have a recipe the Chief won’t complain about!!! YAY!!!
You’ll just have to forgive me for the pic, I used my cell phone to take it and, well, you can see…
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pans.
- Use the first set of ingredients to make the cake. In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, mix for 3 minutes with an electric mixer. Stir in the boiling water by hand. Pour evenly into the two prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely.
I found the recipe at allrecipes.com here. Super yummy!!!
Their picture was WAY better!!! LOL. But you get the idea!!!
Other Recipes you may like!!!
|Kitty Litter Cake|