Chocolate Cake Extra Yummy, Super Moist No Fail Recipe
Chocolate cake is awesome and this recipe is out of this world. Not only is it delicious, it’s almost impossible to mess it up! Don’t buy a box mix, you can do this!
Chief Zoo Keeper doesn’t like chocolate (Pound Cake is his favorite cake), so I don’t get to make a whole lot. Brownies about covers the extent to which he likes baked chocolate, aside from chocolate chip cookies. The other day, after a particularly challenging event, I decided enough was enough! So, I made chocolate cake!!! It was so great!!!
So much so, that even Chief Doesn’t-Like-Chocolate liked it!!! I was vindicated! AND now I have a recipe the Chief won’t complain about!!! YAY!
Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pans.
- Use the first set of ingredients to make the cake.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, mix for 3 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Stir in the boiling water by hand. Pour evenly into the two prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely.
Note: This is not my original recipe. I found the recipe at allrecipes.com here. Super yummy!
National Chocolate Cake Day!
National Chocolate Cake became a part of the culture more and more throughout the late 1900’s and early twenty first centuries. I was created so that chocolate and cake lovers could celebrate it’s existence.
Did you know: In the 1830’s-1840’s, chocolate was typically consumed as an unsweetened, bitter drink mixed with water.
You can read more about National Chocolate Cake Day here!
‘Weird’ pairings with chocolate:
First off, weird was used in quotation marks on purpose. If you like it, it can’t be that weird! Personally, while ice cream or a glass of cold milk are always a welcomed addition, I love eating sharp cheddar cheese with chocolate! On more than one occasion, I’ve been ‘caught’ putting my homemade chocolate syrup on a thick piece of cheese. Oh, so yummy!
I stumbled across an infographic on Trendsetters that had a list of —- and thought I’d share some of them. Honestly, it really just gave me ideas to try with my chocolate!
- Pretzels (never would have thought of this one!)
- Spices and herbs
- Potato Chips (I’m crazy about Peanut M&Ms and Cool Ranch Doritos!)
- Meat and seafood
What do you love to pair with chocolate cake or chocolate in general?
Any tips you’d like to share?
7 thoughts on “Chocolate Cake Extra Yummy, Super Moist No Fail Recipe”
This looks really good. We love chocolate cake. I am going to have to make this one.
This sounds so delicious! I love chocolate cake, it is my favorite! I can’t wait to make one, thank you so much for sharing!
Thanks for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday! Hope to see you again this week!
– Trish @ Mom On Timeout
Yummy! Thanks for sharing
Hi! Came over from Look What I Made with Kara… Wanted to invite you to link up this recipe on my Tasty Tuesday party… the link closes tonight, but you can always come over next week if you miss it. Hope to see you there!
The cakes looks devine! I love chocolate cake, nothing better.
Sounds so yummy! I’ve made a similar cake before and it was delish. I just love AllRecipes.com – great reviews! If you have a moment I’d love for you to share with my readers.