Honey is fabulous! We’ve been talking about all kinds of Amazing Uses for things, now we’re on to honey! Ahh, sweet honey!
Alright, who doesn’t love honey? All those with raised hands can sit back and learn why you should totally change your minds. We welcome you and look forward to introducing you to some awesome reasons you uses for honey. For those of you who already love it, we’re bringing even more reasons!
This book was written by Susan Branson and published by Familius Publishing. We’ve reviewed two of her other books and you’re gonna love them: 101 Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar 101 Amazing Uses for Garlic and 101 Uses for Essential Oils. We have loved their books for a long time and hopefully by now you are seeing why they are so amazing!
Now, I must say they totally forgot to add in how fabulous honey is with chicken strips. This girl can only assume it’s because they know it’s common knowledge. It’s also amazing on Spanish rice, enchiladas and fajitas. If you haven’t tried it, I encourage you to do so! (And yes, they will look at you funny at a Mexican restaurant when you ask for it, but they will have it.)
Now, on to the Book!
This book follows suit with the others in that it has the different shades of black in order for readers to easily flip to the section they prefer. LOVE this feature! We’ll break down the chapters for you and point out a few of the fabulous uses they mention. You’ll still need to get the book in order to know exactly how to use them. Don’t worry, all of the info is cited properly in the back, so you can verify it if you’d like.
Each chapter heads sections with what they treat and there are SO many. Well, 101 to be exact. Some of them totally surprised me! I also love that she tells us how to use honey to treat the various things!
- Chapter 1: Support Health Over Disease
- Asthma, various types of cancer, chicken pox, Coronary Heart Disease, Diabetes, Food Poisoning, Gingivitus, High Blood Pressure and many others.
- Chapter 2: Safeguard Well-Being
- Aerobic Performance, Anxiety, Cognitive Function, Coughs, Depression, Diaper Rash, Fever, Hemorrhoids, Heartburn, Itchy Skin, Pink Eye, Various cold/flu symptoms, Vomiting, Warts, Weight Loss, and of course, many others!
- Chapter 3: Salvage Hair & Skin
- Acne, Aging, Dandruff, Nails, Dry Skin, Shaving Cream (can’t wait to try the ‘recipe’!), Split Ends, Sunburns and more!
- Chapter 4: Indoors and Outdoors
- Almond Milk (Recipe), Various Pests, Pet Hot Spots, Sports Drink (recipe), various cooking recipes and uses, Wilted Plants and more!
We’ve also reviewed 15 Minute Mindful Meals and A Beginner’s Guide to Rag Quilting and Skinny Southern (I know, I didn’t believe that was possible either) which were also published by Familius. They have some fantastic books and we can’t wait to bring you more!
If you are a parent, we also reviewed Dear Libby which answers questions pre-teens and teens ask everyday. Along with The Five Foundations of Successful Teens. Both of which are amazing books and do not disappoint. Familius does well at sticking by their motto!