Thanksgiving is wonderful and can get a little chaotic. These tips will help you make it a little easier and less stressful! Hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving!We love Thanksgiving around here! We host every year and have a ton of people that have, over the years, become family. It brings us great joy through cooking, decorating and planning!
I’ve compiled these tips that I’ve learned from hosting anywhere from 7 to 35 people each year. I appreciate every new tip I learn that makes things easier!
7 Tips To Make Thanksgiving Easier
- Do everything you can in advance! Many recipes can be made ahead and frozen (like cheeseballs, cookies, cakes). Start those early!
- Slice and chop vegetables you’ll need for recipes up to 3 days before you need them, just seal them in an air tight container
- Pies can be prepared ahead of time then frozen until a couple of days before you want to bake them.
- Use your crockpot! Find a side dish that can be cooked in your crockpot and you’ll have one less thing taking up your oven and stove. Plus, most crockpot recipes can be prepared the night before then you just have to start it when you are ready!
- If something messes up, don’t worry! It’s not that big of a deal, it won’t be remembered, and that one thing isn’t the reason you are celebrating anyway! Take a deep breathe and remember that!
- Remind yourself that your guests didn’t come because your house was somehow rumored to be perfect, they came because they love you! So if you forgot to deep clean something, or clean it at all, don’t feel bad or even apologize for missing it! They don’t care, and that’s one other thing no one will remember!
Do you have any tips or shortcuts?
We’re all ears!