Baked Taquitos Homemade and Delicious!
- flour tortillas
- ground meat
- taco seasoning
- 1 can green chilis
- non-stick cookie spray
- minced garlic
- chopped onion (opt.)
- chopped bell pepper (opt)
1. Brown 1-2 lbs of ground beef or ground turkey with onion, bell peppers, and or garlic if desired. We used turkey. As for the amount, just use however much you normally would! Remember that these will freeze really well to have for future meals, also Monkey took one to school and ate it cold for lunch. She really enjoyed it!
2. Once you’ve browned the meat, drain grease and add taco seasoning. If you used ground turkey, I suggest using low sodium beef broth to simmer it in, but it’s up to you! The broth adds a lot of great flavor! We typically use broth. Let it simmer until seasoning has soaked into the meat.
A. Mix in shredded cheese, stir, then proceed
B. Proceed, then add cheese
C. Skip the cheese altogether
4. Spray a cake pan or cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
5. Roll a small amount of meat mixture up into the tortilla shell. Lay into baking sheet and spray the tops. of the taquitos.
6. Bake for about 6-10 minutes, flip over and repeat until lightly browned to your taste at 350! Enjoy!
My Suggestions to go with them:
Mexican or Spanish Rice
I always hate trying to come up with side dishes! For some reason or another, it stresses me out! What else do you suggest to serve with it??? I’ll take all the tips I can get!!!
7 thoughts on “Baked Taquitos Homemade and Delicious!”
Pingback: Tamarindo: Traditional Mexican Drink Recipe
This looks great. My kids have been asking me for taquitos. I like that these are baked and not fried.
These look delicious! I love that they are baked, and I can’t wait to try them. Thanks for sharing at my Super Bowl Eats and Treats Party!
Congrats! You were featured on this Mondays Make It Monday Linky Party! Hope to see you again soon! Thanks for linking up!
These look very good. I’m thinking a lovely side salad would be all it needs.
Yum! Thanks for the recipe!
These look really delicious. I have not tried them before because they were fried, and I can’t eat fried food. Thanks for following me, I’m now following you back.