These are great amazing breakfast burritos. Typically, I make enough to have breakfast, then freeze the rest for busy days. I make them all year long so that when we are in a hurry or just don’t want to cook, all we have to do is heat and eat!
Breakfast Burritos are a staple in my family, I remember having them as a kid and we would devour them all! They were one of my favorite things when I’d stay the night at my Aunt’s house. Of course, we never had any left over for freezing then, but there were at least 4 kids and usually more every time. They also weren’t a treat we had often.
Another treat that we didn’t get often was Chocolate Gravy and sourdough biscuits. I haven’t mastered the biscuits yet, but my Granny’s gravy is always special to me! It brings back so many wonderful feelings.
This recipe has loads of room for modification! You can add cheese or whatever you want! Just make sure whatever you add will be okay to freeze and re-heat so that you don’t get soggy burritos!!!
How to Make Breakfast Burritos
Eggs, Milk and Your Choice of Optional Ingredients Below
Optional Burrito Ingredients:
Pick and choose based on your taste preferences. You absolutely do not have to make them all the same! Mix things up by cooking the ingredients separately then adding them in the tortilla shell and rolling them up!
- Bell Peppers
- Potatoes (you can use any type you’d like, we’ve used fried potatoes, tater tots, hash-browns and even mashed! Leftovers work great for these!)
- Cheese (any you like)
- Start by browning 1 lb of sausage with onion and bell pepper if you please. Or you can make them with a package of bacon, chopped up into pieces.
2. Add cooked potatoes. Originally, we fried the potatoes but I’ve modified it for convenience sake. You can use any leftover potatoes (except mashed).
In this version I used tater tots we had left over. Last night I made them and used hash browns. I like to season the potatoes with pepper. We don’t use salt. 😀
3. In a separate bowl, whisk desired amount of eggs and a little milk. I used 8 in this one I think. You can also sneak in powdered eggs with some of the real eggs to save on groceries!
No one can taste the difference as long as real eggs are there, too. If you do use powdered eggs, use milk instead of water. Adding the milk helps make the eggs fluffy.
4. Place a small amount of the ingredients in tortilla shell, fold both ends inside then roll up the open ends.
Ingredients For Southwest Breakfast Burritos
- Black Beans
- Bell Peppers
- Red Onion
- Diced Tomatoes (for frozen burritos, drain can)
- Add fajita seasoning to eggs before cooking
- Pepper Jack Cheese and Sharp Cheddar
To Freeze Your Breakfast Burritos
From Freezer to The Plate