4-5 Fast Fixin’ Chicken Nuggets
1 Spinach Tortilla (other tortilla of choice can be substituted)
2 Tbsp Re-fried Beans (vegetarian or fat free version)
1-2 tsp chopped fresh tomatoes
1 tsp chopped fresh red/purple onion
1-2 Tbsp Shredded lettuce
1- 2 tsp Shredded cheese (Mexican style, Monterey Jack, Cheddar, any preferred
1. Using microwave- place Fast Fixin’ Chicken Nuggets on microwave safe plate or
dish and heat according to package directions.
2. Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels, heat in microwave ~15-20 seconds until
warmed, but not stiff.
3. Place refried beans in microwave safe bowl or shallow dish, cover and heat ~1-2
4. Chop tomatoes and onion, set-aside until ready for use.
5. Spread refried beans in center of warmed tortilla, layer with tomatoes, onions,
lettuce, cheese, and chicken nuggets. Folding sides in, wrap ingredients into tortilla
like a burrito.
6. Serve warm with side of salsa.
Chicken Fiesta Wrap + Pineapple or Mango Salsa + Orange slices + Glass of Milk =
Nutritious and Complete Meal
* Note- alternatively may heat tortillas and chicken nuggets in oven, wrap tortillas
in foil first. Refried beans can be prepared on stove-top. Ingredients can vary per
taste and desired amount. Example, can add chopped peppers, black olives, black
bean refried beans, fruit salsa, hot sauce, etc.
The following 3 recipes can easily be interchanged as wraps or sandwiches. Select
more whole grain breads and vegetable based wraps.