Chocolate Peppermint Cookies: Delicious, Simple Recipe
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies! They turned out super yummy! It was almost as fun eating them as it was making them!
Monkey and I had such fun making these Chocolate Peppermint Cookies! That kid can really bake (when she wants to)! I will always cherish the memories of baking with my Monkey! She’s all grown up now and I miss her terribly.
I thought I’d post this, from way back when. I hope you will make them and enjoy them as much as we did! I’ll definitely be making them again this year, seeing the old pictures reminded me just how yummy they were!
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are a great Christmas dessert or even gift! They are also a great way to us up all those extra candy canes!
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 2 c flour
- 1 c unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract** (adjust or use other extracts base on your preferences)
- 12 candy canes or 30 peppermint candies, crushed
- 1 pkg almond bark or 2 lbs chocolate of choice, coarsely chopped
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. I put them in a plastic container and shook them together! In another bowl, beat butter and sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed for about a minute. Reduce speed to medium-low, and add eggs and peppermint extract.
- Slowly add flour mixture and beat until just incorporated.
- Divide dough in half and place on two large pieces of plastic wrap. Using plastic wrap, slope dough into logs about 2” in diameter. I found it was easiest to roll wrap them in the plastic wrap then shape them! Wrap logs securely in the plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 1-2 hours or several days.
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut logs into ¼ to ½ inch discs. Gently shape cookies into circles if necessary, remember that the way these look when you put them on the baking pan is the way they will come out! SO, if you don’t want any creases, smooth them out before baking!
- Keep unused dough in the fridge until ready to slice. Bake cookies for 10 minutes, or until dry to touch.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before moving them to wire cooling rack.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler. Melt slowly and stir constantly. 11. Place crushed peppermint in bowl with tall sides.
12. Dip each cookie in chocolate, then in peppermint. The easiest, and probably laziest, is to drop the cookie (melted chocolate down) then shake the cookie around to cover chocolate, then put the cookie back on the cooling rack to harden. We did it this way, it made the work easy and quicker!
I definitely recommend making some without the peppermint for guests that aren’t a fan of peppermint.
20 thoughts on “Chocolate Peppermint Cookies: Delicious, Simple Recipe”
Pingback: Linky Party: New Crafts, Patterns, Giveaways, Recipes ⋆ My Crafty Zoo
Pingback: Wordless Wednesday, December 15, 2021 - Clearissa Coward's Command Center
Pingback: December Week 3 Linky Party – Lifestyle Trend Reports
Pingback: December Week 3 Linky Party ⋆ My Crafty Zoo
Pingback: Wonderful Wednesday - Oh My Heartsie Girl
I come here from Facebook photo with you happy face with this cookie)) Now I try it by myself. Wish me luck! 🙂
Hope you enjoy! I love them!
People who don’t like peppermint? Especially combined with chocolate? Haha, I don’t believe such people exist!
Right!!! I wouldn’t believe it either if my husband wasn’t one of them! Peppermint and chocolate are perfect friends!
I’m definitely gonna make these. Peppermint and chocolate is a great combo. Sometimes I even swirl a peppermint stick in my hot cocoa.
Pingback: December Linky Party #2 DIY, Crafts, Recipes ⋆ My Crafty Zoo
Pingback: Linky Party: New Recipes, Crafts, Projects & More 12/2-12-8
Love that combination of chocolate and peppermint. Great recipe. Thanks for sharing with and cohosting at #omhgww
Pingback: Oh My Heartsie Girls Wordless Wednesday | Clearissa Coward's Command Center
Peppermint is one of my favorites, especially around Christmas. That flavor just hollers Christmas to me, lol.
Love that combination of chocolate and peppermint. Thank you for sharing with #omhgww. I have socialized your post.
Yummy, these peppermint cookies sound delicious! I will definitely be making some for my family this year. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!
Peppermint has got to be one of my favorite flavors. That makes Christmas recipes like this my favorites!
Delicious! I love peppermint. Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday!
Congrats on your first guest post! They look delicious!