Snowball cookies are really good and the most tasty way to have snow (except, of course, for snow ice cream!). You can enjoy these year round and they make excellent DIY Christmas gifts for friends and family!
For those of you who must have dairy free, we made our Snowball Cookies with dairy free ‘butter’ and they were great.
I think they’d be fabulous with real butter, but we got an evil lactose allergy so we make due. 😀 I’d love to hear any additions/changes you make! These are fabulous with coffee or hot chocolate!
On to the Delicious Recipe!
- 1 lb margarine
- 1/2 c sugar
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c chopped nuts (we used walnuts, but you can use whatever you’d like)
- 3/4 c confectioners sugar
- Cream the butter (or margarine and a drop of imitation butter extract) and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add vanilla; stir in flour, blending well.
- Stir in nuts and mix them into the dough.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into balls by rolling them between your hands.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Roll in confectioners sugar and enjoy!
For my dairy free folks, try using imitation butter extract. With a lactose allergy, we get the flavor with no consequences to the allergy. So rather than using butter, we use margarine and add a drop (or two if you want the butter flavor stronger). It’s a great win! You’ll find it in the same area as the Vanilla and such!
Taking them to a Party?
If you are taking them to a party, or just want to impress your family, put them on a plate and drizzle homemade chocolate syrup over the top then sprinkle some powdered sugar on top of it! It’s absolutely gorgeous!
I’d absolutely love to hear your thoughts or any changes you make!
Please leave them in the comments below!