Cuddle time holds such special memories that last forever but too quickly children seem to grow out of it. We’ve talked about the great benefits of hugging, now seems like a great time to discuss having that bond far beyond when children are small.
Some of my friends are blessed to have children who are nearly teenagers that will still, on occasion, curl up with Mommy. Of course, it’s different now, but it’s still there.
Create Special Routines
Having specials routines will not only create special memories, it will also cement a special bond that will last a lifetime. There is a reason that strong families always have family traditions.
- Daily reading routines before naps and bedtime or perhaps whenever the mood strikes them. One day, that will be their favorite time of the day, plus it helps with their vocabulary and language understanding!
- Family Movie nights with a special treat reserved specially for those nights. (Check out that link for some fantastic family films!)
- Cook together. Cooking with kids can be a handful, but it also creates lasting memories and teaches lifelong lessons.
- Family Game Nights will not only bring a lot of laughter, but will indeed become a family past time that everyone remembers. We talk a lot of game nights around here, you may have seen some of our posts, all with fantastic games your family will love!
- Lastly, and most importantly, pray together. From infancy on, pray with your children. Nothing else can take the place of God in a family. He is our foundation and, hopefully, yours as well.
I chose to include this book in this post because it is absolutely precious. It is a hardback book with a rather soft cover, perfect for toddlers. Inside the cover, is a place for the grownup to write answers about cuddling, I can definitely see that becoming an absolute favorite to have written down in the years as they grow up! It would also be a perfect book to read during those daily reading routines, all snuggled and cuddled up!
and melt down inside like a big, muddy puddle,
and feel the thumping oompah beat
of someone else’s heart and heat?
Everyone knows cuddling can reduce stress levels and release endorphins, but kids know that, most importantly, cuddling is FUN! With adorable, hand-painted illustrations and Dr. Seuss-like rhymes and humor, The Cuddle Book is sure to be a bedtime favorite. So snuggle up with this padded board book and let the cuddling commence!
The Cuddle Book was written by Mifflin Low and illustrated by Delia Ciccarelli. It is so sweetly written and drawn and makes an absolutely perfect baby and toddler gift!
It is written for ages 0-3 but I can see it becoming special for years long after those ages, especially with the answers you write in the front!
Absolutely perfect for building memories and cuddling up!