Okay, having a teen is rough. Especially when you acquired one at 14! I love my daughter, and the many daughters I couldn’t bring home with me. Sometimes I think I’m gonna go insane though, so I thought I would give us all a reminder to look at the little things. *Will be referencing the post when it’s NOT so good!* LOL
- She sings silly songs while doing chores. Even if she has no music to sing to or doesn’t know the words!
- She knows just when I need a hug. Always.
- The sound of her laughter echoing through our house. Music to my ears!
- She often offers me a perspective I hadn’t thought of on things. Like my reaction to rude people or other things that may annoy me. Her views aren’t yet tainted by cynicism!
- The lessons I learn from her. Though I may be on a mission to teach her, often I find the roles reversed.
Originally posted 2012-10-26 05:00:00.