- 1 lb boneless chicken, skinned and cubed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c cornstarch, 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsps rice wine
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 sm onion, cut into squares
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into squares
- Oil for deep frying
1. Mix cornstarch and eggs in a large bowl, add in chicken and coat thoroughly.
2. Prepare the sauce by combining 2 tsp cornstarch, wine, vinegar, sugar and soy sauce in a small bowl.
3. Heat oil for frying.
4. Fry chicken in batches so that chicken is just cooked.
5. Remove chicken and let stand to drain off some grease.
6. In only a couple of tbsp of oil, fry onion and bell pepper. When they are almost done, add in chicken and stir fry until chicken reaches a crispy brown.
7. Add the sauce in and continue to stir fry. Toss around for a couple of minutes, until sauce becomes a glaze.
Serve over rice and enjoy!
*This recipe was modified from Food.com There are modifications, but if you’d like to find the original, please search Mean Guy’s General Tso’s Chicken on food.com Thanks and I hope you enjoy!
Originally posted 2014-09-13 20:54:54.