Oven fried chicken? Yes please! This chicken recipe will bring you that crunch without the extra grease! It’s absolutely delicious! Healthy even!
Also known as corn flake chicken, you’ll love it, I swear! It is absolutely fabulous and a lot less messy when you make it! Honestly, the only problem I have is not being able to keep all of the cornflakes on when I transfer it. Of course, they don’t have to all stick but for some reason it bothers me to miss even one bite of that crunch!
There are a lot of recipes oven fried chicken recipes but this one is my absolute favorite. I love that it’s simple and the sweetness that the cornflakes bring to the savory chicken. For a good, Southern treat accompany it with our Almost Fresh Lemonade and our Country Pasta Toss or Broccoli Salad Surprise.
- 1 pkg boneless chicken
- ½ cup flour
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 6 c cornflakes, crushed
- 2/3 c buttermilk (you can also use unflavored silk if you are dairy free, it’s still good that way)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- ¾ tsp ground sage
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Cover chicken in flour mixture.
- Mix buttermilk, mustard, cayenne, paprika, and sage.
- Dispose of leftover flour and put cornflakes in that bowl.
- Dredge chicken in sauce, then roll in cornflakes. I suggest sitting it on a cooling rack while you do the rest. Helps the chicken to have air on all sides.
- Bake on wire rack in pan to 160 degrees, about 25-30 minutes. Juices will run clear.
If you don’t have boneless chicken, you can use 2 breasts, 2 thighs, 2 wings, and 2 legs. This will effect the cook time.
Crunch up the cornflakes fairly well so that they aren’t big pieces but don’t make them dust, either. Somewhere in the middle is perfect.
Please share our Oven Baked Chicken with your friends!