One of my awesome readers mentioned they’d like to see more recipes that weren’t chicken, so I thought I’d share this one! With Autumn quickly upon us, this recipe is just perfect for those cool evenings and the flavor is fabulous! I found that Poblanos were far too delicate for me to make stuffed peppers with them, but this turned out amazingly well!
Printable on the bottom of this post.
- 5 Poblano Peppers
- 2 c Chopped Onions
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 c cooked brown rice
- 1 c corn
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1/4 c Lime juice
- cheese, if desired
- Line cookie sheet with foil. Broil peppers for 6 minutes, turn over and broil 6 more minutes.
- Sauté onion with garlic, set aside.
- Cook ground turkey, drain.
- In a food processor or blender, combine ½ of onion mixture, tomatoes, cumin and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix 1 ½ c rice, ½ onions, gr beef, corn and part of the tomato mixture. Mix in some cheese if desired.
- Spray baking dish with non-stick spray, slice and seed peppers then spread them across the bottom of the pan.
- Spread meat mixture across peppers, top with tomato mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
*if you’d like to add cheese on top, add it about 4 minutes before the peppers are done.
Printable Recipe Card: inside-out-stuffed-poblanos
Originally posted 2016-09-12 11:12:53.