It’s been so cold this winter that I’m trying out new soups left and right. I’m also working on stepping out of my comfort zone. That hasn’t always been my strong suit. So, as one of my new trial recipe I tried this out. My husband thinks it will be even better if it was made in a dutch oven. Modification instructions are below the crockpot recipe. Hope you like it.
- 1 1/2- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1/8 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp paprika
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 med carrots, sliced
- 2 med potatoes, diced
- 1 sm white onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- Put beef in crockpot. Mix together flour, salt and pepper. Pour over meat, stir to coat each piece of meat with flours mixture. Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Cover & cook on high for 4 hours or until done. Stir stew before serving.
Dutch Oven Modification: Heat dutch oven over med-high heat. Mix flour and seasoning (all but bay leaf) and toss the beef in it. Coat pan with 1-2 tbsp olive oil. Brown beef in oil. Add all ingredients, stir and cook until done.