Italian Roast Sandwich
I cannot express enough how delicious this Italian Roast Sandwich is. So much so that we are practically fighting over the leftovers. I really think it’s perfect for game day or any day really.
We had chips with it, but I think it would be well accompanied with fried mushrooms, green beans or any other typical ‘pub’ side. We had chips with it, but next time I make it we’ll be having it with fried goodness.
It’s worth the calories. Besides, the sandwich itself isn’t that heavy with them. Well, whether it is or isn’t that’s what I’m telling myself.
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1 c water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Onion Poppy Ciabatta Rolls
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, stir.
- Heat a large dutch oven over med-high heat. Add a tbsp of oil and coat pan. Add beef to pan, brown on all sides.
- Add stock mixture, 1 cup water and 1/2 tsp salt to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med-low; cover and simmer 90 minutes. Turn beef, cover and simmer 90 minutes or until beef is very tender. (Mine took about an hour) Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Heat a large skillet over med-high heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and saute peppers. Once they are almost done, add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add 1/2 tsp salt and vinegar. Stir.
- Slice beef against the grain. Put back into dutch oven in the juices.
- Pour some of the juice over bread, the add meat and top with veggies. Enjoy!
I’d love to hear your thoughts and any modifications you make or perfect sides!
Originally posted 2016-03-14 05:41:10.