Montana Exploration: Unique Montana Vacation Souvenir For Kids + Giveaway
Montana exploration would definitely take some time but be a super memorable trip. We’ve talked about Road Schooling before, which is basically home school on the road, and this one would be the perfect state to go to for many Native American history lessons among other things!
Here’s Just a Beginning of Places to Visit in Montana
These places are all in the board book below! How cool is that!
- Glacier National Park: A stunningly beautiful National Park, you’ll definitely want to spend a bit of time there on any trip to Montana! The scenery is amazing, so there are lots of fantastic photos waiting to be taken, plus there is camping, hiking and so much to do and see! Being interested in history, I will add that there has been found evidence of the Native American Tribes that were there 10,000 years ago. When the European invaders showed up in the 1700’s, Blackfeet controlled the prairies on the east side of Glacier, while the Salish, Pend d’Oreille, and Kootenai lived in the more forested west side.
- Flathead Lake: Flathead Lake is a large natural lake in NW Montana and is the largest natural freshwater lake by surface area that is west of the source of the Missouri River. The lake is a remnant of the ancient, massive glacial dammed lake, Lake Missoula, of the era of the last interglacial.
- Little Bighorn Battlefield: Now a National Park, I highly recommend Little Bighorn’s ‘Place of Reflection.’ It is an area that memorializes the Lakotas and Cheyennes and the US Army’s 7th Cavalry in one of the Indian’s last armed efforts to preserve their way of life.
- ZooMontana: Everyone in the family will love Zoo Montana! It’s a 70-acre wildlife park in Billings, Montana and is the only Montana zoo and botanical park. It currently has nearly 100 animals, representing 58 different species! They each live in habitats designed to imitate their natural habitats. How amazing is that! A definite must-see place to go!
- Beartooth Pass (AKA Beartooth Highway): This is considered the most stunningly beautiful highway and will take you to the Northeast entrance of Yellowstone National Park. The highway climbs 5,000 feet through lodgepole pine forests leading you to an enchanting world made of alpine lakes, 20 peaks over 12,000 feet, glacially carved cirques and vibrant wildflowers. It is open Memorial Day through Columbus Day every year, as it is not safe to travel during the rest of the year.
The Most Unique Souvenir For Kids
The above places are all listed in the board book below, a super fun way for kids to remember the trip or toddlers to at least know where they’ve been! When I was little, I went to Alaska with my Great Grandparents
The sights and scenery of Montana spring to life in this adorable twist on the favorite children’s song. Each die-cut page of the layered board book reveals an imaginary boat sailing past Glacier National Park, Little Bighorn Battlefield, ZooMontana, Logan Pass, and more! A delightful children’s introduction to the iconic places of Montana. And when you’re done with your journey? Row, row, row your boat back around the bend. If you love Montana, sing the song again!
ZooMontana and all participating blogs are not held responsible for sponsors who fail to fulfill their prize obligations.
22 thoughts on “Montana Exploration: Unique Montana Vacation Souvenir For Kids + Giveaway”
I couldn’t follow @familista – Twitter can’t find it???
I fixed it and gave you a bonus entry! Thanks for letting me know!
This looks like such a cute book. Thank you for sharing. Happy New Year!
Board books are so awesome for toddlers! The illustrations in this book are adorable and exploring to the theme of a well-known nursery rhyme sounds like fun for littles.
This is an amazing book for toddlers. It has beautiful illustrations and sentences that are easy for our toddlers to understand. It’s never to early to teach our children about their homeland.
What a great book! I love that the book covers national parks and other places of historical or natural interest. Our little ones would enjoy reading it.
Pingback: The REAL Last of December Linky Party ⋆ My Crafty Zoo
This book looks colorful and so much fun! My littles would adore this!
My niece will enjoy this book!
Looks like a sweet book any little one would enjoy
This sounds like a fun book to read to my granddaughters. I would love to take them to visit all these places in Montana one day.
Pingback: WORDLESS WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2021 - Clearissa Coward's Command Center
It is a very cute book and I like that they have one for all of the states.
I love the art work so cute love to read it.
Pingback: Linky Party: Last of the Year! Extra long! – Lifestyle Trend Reports
Pingback: Linky Party: Last of the Year! Extra long! ⋆ My Crafty Zoo
Pingback: Wonderful Wednesday - Oh My Heartsie Girl
Big sky country is a great idea for a book. Thanks.
It looks like such a cute book! The fact that it has a classic song and is about montana is great.
It looks like such a cute book.
My grand children would love this book. Great pictures and story.
This looks like a book my girls would enjoy.