Wear face masks. Face masks are just a thing these days. It’s not necessarily fun and we aren’t loving it, but it is a necessary addition when going anywhere public.
I’ve heard far too many people complain and refuse to wear them, people that are perfectly capable of both affording and wearing them. It saddens me, for so many reasons. So today I’m giving you a list of why we should wear the face masks, even though we really don’t want to.
If you are interested in tips to help children adjust to wearing face masks, check out that link! (It’s on this site)
1. Not everything is about us (as individuals). Perhaps you would be perfectly fine if you got Covid-19. Maybe you would be A-symptomatic. However, what if that person you go around isn’t, what if they are both highly susceptible and very likely to die or even just suffer incredibly bad for a while. Do you really want to be responsible for any of that? I don’t, which is why I wear face masks.
2. Have you ever seen the movie Butterfly Affect? It’s about how little actions, like the flutter of a butterfly’s wing, sets into motion so much more that we never would have thought were related. What if wearing a mask, or not wearing one, is your butterfly affect moment. It could go in so many ways, perhaps wearing it saves a life or, worse, perhaps not wearing it literally takes a life. It may even take the life of someone you love deeply and truly. Like your grandparents, your parents, or even your best friend.
3. Regardless of what you may believe, Covid-19 is not the same as the flu. If it were, it wouldn’t be killing so many people. The flu does not kill people at this rate. Period. Plus, we have cures and vaccinations for the flu. So, go ahead and let that one go.
4. The numbers are not inflated. The entire world does not care enough about Trump or the US elections to shut down and kill off their people just to sway an election. Nor do the doctors who fill out the death certificates. It is not feasible to believe that every single doctor is out to get Trump or the Republican party. (and before you get all up in arms, I’m a Republican)
5. It doesn’t hurt us. It’s a pain and uncomfortable and different than our norm. However, it causes us no personal harm to wear the stupid masks. None. We can even make it kind of fun, with various prints or whatever. Be above the politics.
Happier Reasons to Wear a Mask:
6. We can accessorize them to our favorite outfits
7. It’s a new way to express ourselves.
8. Nobody can see if we have RBF… If you don’t know what that means you’ll have to google it.
9. We can create and wear designs that make people smile.
10. What other time will it ever be totally cool to rock your favorite characters, pets, or whatever.
11. Advertise your favorite non-profit, organization, scripture or quote.
12. Be a good example (with very little effort!)
13. You don’t have to fake smile, nobody can see anyway!
14. You can feel good knowing that you’ve done the right thing.
15. When you buy one from Mask Market, they donate one to those in need!
Welcome to the September to Remember Giveaway Hop!
Special thanks to The Mommy Island & The Kids Did It!
Our Sponsor is:$5 off $25+ 5off25
~ Website ~
One lucky winner will receive a code to purchase the mask of their choice!
Please note: Due to the insane amount of spammers, comments don’t automatically post but must be approved individually. If you don’t see your comment, don’t worry. It will show up in a day or so. I’m sorry for the inconvenience, on both our parts!